What's new

Oklahoma! in 2014 (1 Viewer)

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
Iin another thread (The Student Prince), forum member Cinerama10 states that "I know that South Pacific is out there and Oklahoma is due in 2014 but when are the rest due out.?"

I've not heard any definite release plans for Oklahoma!, whether in Region B or A, and will be overjoyed if this is true.
Can anyone confirm Cinerama10's news?

DP 70

Screenwriter
Real Name
Derek
The 30fps version of Oklahoma is being fullyrestored to 4k.Then we can have DCP,Blu Ray but no 70mmprints.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
DP 70 said:
The 30fps version of Oklahoma is being fullyrestored to 4k.Then we can have DCP,Blu Ray but no 70mmprints.
Beyond budget, why no 70mm prints?RAH

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
I remember some information at the time that with Can-Can Fox decided not to do any 70mm prints due to some uneven fading that was more severe on one side of the frame than on the other that could only be corrected digitally. Maybe Oklahoma has similar issues? I guess with the right technology a filmout from 4k to 70mm would always be possible but that would not be the same as staying completely in the photochemical domain.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
OliverK said:
I remember some information at the time that with Can-Can Fox decided not to do any 70mm prints due to some uneven fading that was more severe on one side of the frame than on the other that could only be corrected digitally. Maybe Oklahoma has similar issues? I guess with the right technology a filmout from 4k to 70mm would always be possible but that would not be the same as staying completely in the photochemical domain.
Different problem with Can-Can. A/B roll leader was not chemically inert, and damaged production footage at wraps.

RAH

Everett S.

Movie King (formally a projectionist)
Real Name
Everett
DP 70 said:
I wonder what happened to the 70mm prints that they showed just before the Laser release!

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
Robert Harris said:
Different problem with Can-Can. A/B roll leader was not chemically inert, and damaged production footage at wraps. RAH
Thanks for the correction. Do you think that the negative from Oklahoma would be good enough to strike an IP from it that could be used towards a new 70mm print or two of high enough quality to be used on the 70mm festival circuit?

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
OliverK said:
Thanks for the correction. Do you think that the negative from Oklahoma would be good enough to strike an IP from it that could be used towards a new 70mm print or two of high enough quality to be used on the 70mm festival circuit?
No.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation822
Recent bookmarks