What's new

Okay, so what about the REAL Astroboy series? (1 Viewer)

Mark To

Supporting Actor
I have no idea what this remake is or why its being released. Kind of like if they put out the new Jetsons that were thrown together to add episodes to the syndication package and didn't put out the original. I loved Astroboy as a kid. If I'm not mistaken there's 104 episodes and none have come out on DVD.

Joshua Lane

Second Unit
The last time I checked, the original series (from the 60's) is owned by RightStuf while the 80's series is owned by Manga. Some VHS tapes were released for both, but no DVD's have been made available. Both companies may not even have the rights anymore, I'm not sure.

As for the reason the new series is coming out... it's because Sony wants to release it. All three versions of Astro Boy are owned by different companies, so one coming out doesn't rely on the other.

Chris Brunner

Second Unit

Thanks Tony. That MB link sparked brain cells in my head that haven't moved in over 30 years!! :)

GOD how I longed to find some "Oxy-gum" (not to mention, a mermaid girlfriend too). :D

C

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor
Tricked again. Well, if they keep working their way back, maybe they'll get to the original eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks