What's new

OK, who names their pets after movie characters? (1 Viewer)

Brad_W

Screenwriter
When my wife and I first got our kitten this year we named him Ash (from Evil Dead of course), but somehow we changed it to Lil Kitty. Of course we have another cat who's real name is Onyx, but we changed that to Mr. Mittens. But now we refer to him as Big Kitty. Lil Kitty and Big Kitty... very original.

Incidently we have a dog named, Genesis.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
Not after a movie character but I did name my dog Palladio, after the architect. Pal for short. I came across the name in architectural history class and it struck me as cool for a pet.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
No pets, but I named my daughter Elise, after Jane Seymour's character, Elise Mckenna in Somewhere in Time.
Peace Out~:D

Kristian

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kristian
I named my 6-year old dog (a boxer) Mufasa, after the character voiced by James Earl Jones in The Lion King. Prior to that, I had two other dogs named after characters from that movie, but they were short-lived.

Jim_F

Screenwriter
birds.gif

The feathered fellow on the left was already named Johnnie, as in Frankie (Johnnie's sibling) and Johnny. I use the unisex spelling since Johnnie is gender unknown. It doesn't matter, "he" can say it, but he can't spell it.
On the right, chewing his toenails, is Barney, named after a character on a Firesign Theater album (I Think We're All Bozos on this Bus)

James RD

Supporting Actor
Years ago I had a parakeet named O.J. He passed on before he could become violent.

I now have an Oscar named Yossarian.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Our scotties are named Asta (from the thin man movies) and Bond.. James Bond.

The connection between the two is Martinis of course

Dylan Davis

Stunt Coordinator
My kitty's name is Stevie Nicks. But we just call her Stevie, of course. Actually I call her Kitty when I sing to her, but that's another thread...

Dylan

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
Both of our cats are named after movie characters:
Nuala is named after the name of the Selkie (kind of a mermaid, but a seal) in "The Secret of Roan Inish". At least that's what my wife tells me.
Igor is named after Dr. Frankenstein's assistant.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks