What's new

Ok To Raise Viewing Height on Mits WS48311 (1 Viewer)

MikeSno

Grip
I am waiting on my New WS48311. To make the proper fit in my Cabinets I need to raise this set about 3 inches. Will the viewing height still be ok when viewing this set from a sitting position? Any help would be appreciated. I wanted to go with the 55 inch set for about the same price but it wont fit in my newly designed cabinets. The cabinets were built around a 52 inch 4/3 Set. The 48 Mits is the largest widescreen set I can fit in the cabinets.

Thanks,
Mike

Dalila

Stunt Coordinator
Congrats on the TV... It's the same one we own. (look in the whats your TV thread) Raising it wont be a problem at all. As a matter of fact we raised ours as well by 2 inches.

As long as you are within a couple of inches from the centre of the TV while viewing you will be fine.

Hope to hear a review on yours soon. :)

MikeSno

Grip
Thanks Dalila

I will let you know. Cant wait to get it. Sears called and delayed delivery for another week.

Mike:frowning:

Robert P. Jones

Second Unit
Just be sure you are in the "sweet spot". If you need to tilt your TV down a little, do so. That's what I have had to do on my 65" Panny, where I sit 8' away on a fairly low-slung couch.

They are very very bottomheavy, and won't fall over easily. The entire upper section, the optical cavity, is empty except for the mirror. The heavy electronics are below.

RPTVs fire straight out. Be sure your eyes are on the beam and you'll have maximum light output.

Mr Bob

Users who are viewing this thread