What's new

Ok so its been a week... (1 Viewer)

Elliott Willschick

Second Unit
I'm in the same situation as Ryan and Erik. I would like to see the paradigm tour because those are the speakers I'm planning on buying next. Two separate dates sounds better.

Andy, putting the paradigm tour in June as you suggested would work a lot better for us students. And yeah, having the AE night on a weekend in April instead might be something I could swing, because I definitely want to be there for that too :)
Erik Strong

Wayne Murphy

Stunt Coordinator
I'm in whatever the group wants. If we are looking at a bigger group for the tour should we put the word out to some of our mid-fi buddies?

AndyVX

Supporting Actor
Umm, I know this post is "technically" in the wrong section, but I thought that it would be best to post this here.
I am looking to buy an LD Player sometime in the near future, and I was wondering if anyone knows if AE has any in stock (demo models preferably...I don't want to spend a lot of money). I figure that if they do, I can pick one up while we are there at the next meet.
Well, if anyone knows maybe you could let me know :)
Thanks.
Andrew
P.s, Keep them idea's coming for the next (two) meets!

Miles_W

Second Unit
Andy,
The only one I recall them having is ano old sony mdp-333 I do not recommend this unit at this time... it is on consignment and not a particularly good piece...
Miles
if you are really interested in an ld email me...

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Miles is correct, as usual :) the 333 is really weak, and unless you can get it for $50-75 in working order I wouldn't touch it either. I'd consider a low end Pioneer.....503, or the 403(also multi disc, but no flip)....I don't think that either has an AC-3 out.
I'll send an email to Ron/Packy and see if I can put a general notice in a more "read" forum.
I'm also going to change my signature and hopefully this catches a few eyes.....That is if anybody reads my posts :)
So the end of April for AE nightout, and early/mid June for a POSSIBLE tour......Remember that I wasn't promised a tour, but the interest seemed to be there from the rep.
Miles I'll leave the planning of the AE night to you. Email me if you need any help!!
I guess if this is a Saturday event we'd look at meeting on or around 5P.M. at AE....stay till 10P.M.....then a late dinner, or late movie........Damn it's a Silver CIty, we could eat there :)
Brent L
------------------
Closing in quickly on JayH:)...President of the OPHTF!!

Ryan Peddle

Second Unit
Brent. That sounds like a plan. I can do a meet in April, but it can't be during a week day because of school.
Doing the AE thing in April is good for me, and the Tour in June.
Miles, again, if you need any help you know my email/phonenumber.
------------------
Oops...I dropped my eardrums
could you pick them up for
me

Norm Lalonde

Stunt Coordinator
I'd love to find an LD player with AC3 capabilities as well.
On another subject, with the model 6000 from Bell ExpressVu dropping in price like it is, I'm confident in saying that by the time of our meet here in Orangeville, HDTV will be on display at my home on my Toshiba TW40X81. I'll be more than willing to order a movie to be shown in HDTV during that meet.
Anyways, looks like plans are coming together slowly.
Norm

Norm, I'm defitely into seeing a movie in HDTV when we come down to Orangeville. It will give me a chance to see what I'm missing, and motivate me too get my own HDTV. BTW when we do have the meet in Orangeville are we having it at your place, at Wayne's place, or at a little of both? The reason I ask is I'm really interested in seeing Wayne's projection system as well as the HDTV at your place.
Erik Strong

brentl

Senior HTF Member
No reply from Ron yet.
I've changed my Sig file....OK I think???
Going to grab a nap, if Ron OK's it when I get up I'll do it then...Otherwise I'll wait until morning.
Goodnight!
Brent L
zzzzzZZZZZZ!
sleep.gif

------------------
Mar 1st....Toronto members interested in a possible tour of the Paradigm facility in Woodbridge please check the MEETS page......early June!!

Norm Lalonde

Stunt Coordinator
Well, it's still quite early to talk about the Orangeville meet, but, yes, the idea right now is to use both houses. That's why were thinking of having a bigger group. How much bigger, I'm not sure. Maybe around 20 to 25.
Since we live about four houses apart, anyone can go back and forth as they please.
It should make for an interesting day. :)
Now I return you to our regularly scheduled program... :)
Norm

AndyVX

Supporting Actor
Hmm, this thread has fallen, so I'm bumping it back up but also asking a few questions.
Do we have a tentative date set for the AE night out? Will it be in April for sure? I know this is probably way ahead of time, but I'm thinking in terms of booking time off work. (I work on the weekends...just depends on what time this will start at if I need to book a day off)
Also, do we have any sort of (again)tentative list of the people that will be coming? And an actual plan of what will be gonig on that day besides AE(if anything)?
Thanks.
Andrew
------------------
My Growing DVD Collection
ICQ# 69241437
The trick, is not minding that it hurts.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Hey Andrew; We don't have a firm date for the next meet yet. Miles should be checking into that soon.
No idea on #s for a possible Paradigm meet yet. Obviously the people that wanted to go to the first meet and a single friend would be a start, and that may be more than enough.
I've yet to hear back from Ron, I'll email Packy today and see what he says.
I'm guessing 15-16 would be the most AE could hold.
Brent L
------------------
Mar 1st....Toronto members interested in a possible tour of the Paradigm facility in Woodbridge please check the MEETS page......early June!!

George Minich

Auditioning
Hello all,
Miles directed me this way from the Hardware Forum. Looks like an excellent group for one that is fairly new. I would love to hook up with the group at the next meet. Please keep me in the loop with any non-forum information. My email address is: [email protected]
I'll be posting an equipment list and hopefull some pictures of my setup once I get things finalized.
Thanks
------------------
George Minich
MIS Project Leader
Toshiba of Canada Ltd.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
mailto:[email protected] :) and on the top of the list :) :)
Brent L
Packy email today....sorry!
------------------

George Minich

Auditioning
Well Brent,
you would then be my first friend! Had to wait 32 years for a friend, but it looks like it was worth it. BTW, can you lend me 300 bucks? Well, since you are my friend and all....
Seriously now, do you own any Toshiba product? If so, why the hell would you lay down cash on that stuff. Just kidding. I work for the corporate entity of Toshiba of Canada in the Information Systems group. We provide all systems support for our divisions - yes, even the Consumer Electronics guys.
I do happen to have a few of the products that we currently and have carried (50HX70, SD2200, VCR's and the like). I am still trying to get my hands on an SD-9200 (ooooooooohhhhhhhhh, need new toy). This way I could justify picking up another set of OM-10's to use for DVD-Audio rears. This toy business never ends.
Thanks
------------------
George Minich
MIS Project Leader
Toshiba of Canada Ltd.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
UMmm Sure...let me write you a check :)
I use the 2200 too....good DVD!!.....I'd love the 9200, only problem would be running it into my 4 year old TV :)..
OK Update;
Got the OK from Packy on Friday, but thought I'd wait to post in software/hardware until Monday so that more people can see it.....
I'll be stsrting a new meet heading on Monday.....Keep your eyes open, if you see Toronto members make a suggestion about a possible Paradigm meet.
I hope by Friday we've heard from everybody and I can send a good estimate to Paradigm
Brent L
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks