What's new

OK- It's Been 4 Weeks- PSB Subsonic 6i vs SVS 25-31 PC Plus (2 Viewers)

CurtisSC

Screenwriter
Holy smokes.....there is another whole page to this thread.....yikes.

Think I better get out of the mind field! :D

paul clipsel

Stunt Coordinator
This thread is like a hyped up Days of Our Lives with more back-door deals and political intrigue than being able to listen in on Bush talking about Kerry. You would think some of the long term people here would have learned when posting on this forum not to say negative things about Svs. Talk compare to an Svs and you get jumped on. Its like its being monitored 24/7 for the words Svs.

PC

James Edward

Supporting Actor
Well, this thread has certainly taken an interesting turn or two...

For those of you familiar with Monty Python, it just seems appropriate:

"Lucky we didn't say anything about the dirty knife!..."

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
James, sorry again for my part in the highjack here. I felt the claim that I am going to kick someone's door in needed a quick comment. Again...the new subsonic series looks to be serious woofage. Hopefully if Parker sees this mess, he can just edit out all of the BS and steer the thread back to where it should be.

Tom V.
SVS

James Edward

Supporting Actor
Thank you Paul,

It looks like Tom Nousaine nailed what I was trying to say in the above link. I'm glad to see my impressions in print by someone who can express them in a proper fashion.

BTW, so far my front and side doors remain intact. I had a little scare the other night that Tom Vodhanel was after me, but it was only the dog wanting to come back in. :D

Martin Rendall

Screenwriter
Maybe if I taunt Tom Vodhanel enough, he'll come kick my door down. With any luck, he'll bring an SVS with him.

Martin.

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus

Man this is the best thread I've read all year.:emoji_thumbsup: It has danger, mystery, suspense, hell I see now why so many people watch those stupid soap operas. Maybe their not so stupid :D

But I do like the fact that the SVS guys stopped through and posted. That always shows a quality about them to me. I never see and JBL guys coming through to post. Kudos to SVS for that.:emoji_thumbsup:

paul clipsel

Stunt Coordinator

Anyone have know how to find this thread?
Sounds like it could be an interesting read or has it been deleted because Mr Vodhanels objections to its content?

PC

Nigel Hooper

Stunt Coordinator
Every subwoofer thread ends up like this. SVS make good products but they always seem to end up in a dogfight with someone. Can anyone explain why?
It's confusing. Why can't some people prefer SVS and some prefer others without a thread descending into flames? It never fails.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
It's confusing. Why can't some people prefer SVS and some prefer others without a thread descending into flames? It never fails.
__________________________________________________ ___

Motives will vary along with personalities Nigel. Over the course of time it has been my experience arguing the facts (some times opinions) can be a loose-loose situation and to win is to loose.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
I think much of it comes down to people confusing/selling opinions as facts. I feel that there are objective ways of determining "the best" sub, and subjective ways of determing "my favorite" sub.

Lee-c

Supporting Actor
Jack Gilvey has it right. The single biggest reason threads about SVS subs and other brands get into
heated debates so often is because people who like their non-SVS brand of sub over SVS subs (and
that's fine, you can prefer whatever you want) frequently will bring their *subjective personal preference*
for their brand of sub and then try to state (or at least hint at) that this also means that their sub
is competitive with a similarly priced SVS sub in objective performance measurements. And this is where
the debates usually start, because there are very very few subs that can go head to head with
an SVS in measured deep low-distortion loud bass and not come out the clear loser at any given
cost level (or usually even close to that cost).

If you want to state your subjective liking for something over something else, that's fine. But when
it comes to objective measurable performance, stick to the facts only. And there won't be any need for
such heated debates. :)

Nigel Hooper

Stunt Coordinator

But you see you're falling into that same trap. There are better, and worse brands, out there and it seems to me that the SVS owners are perhaps more rabid in their defense of the product. Is this fair to say?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NenaSiddall
Recent bookmarks