What's new

OK Im Doing It (1 Viewer)

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor
Well I went on last Night. I closed the show. I cant believe the response that I got. Everyone that performed last night except for me and one guy have had prior Comedy experience.

My girl friend was in the bath room after the show and heard girls saying that the guy who went on last(ME) was the best. Then I had some one come up to me and ask me how long I have been doing this he almost shit when I told him it was my First Time.

The funny thing( no pun) was that I was more nervous before hand but as soon as I hit the stage it was like BOOM Here we go.

ill let you all know when Im going on again because I am going to do it much more often.

Brian Mansure

Second Unit
Congratulations Mark! :emoji_thumbsup:

That rocks.

I wish you all the best on your dream.
Just don't forget about us "little guys" on the HTF when ya hit it big.

Good Luck,
Brian

Lowell_B

Second Unit
Good for you Mark. :emoji_thumbsup:

Congratulations on what sounded like a great set. Good luck with your future sets, and who knows, maybe we'll be seeing you on Leno in a couple of years. :)

Keep us posted.

Lowell

Mark Schermerhorn

Second Unit
Yeah Mark let us know when your next gig is. If I'm free and it's in the Boston area I might have to check it out and report on it back here :)

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor
I will let you all know when im up again. Hopefully I can get more Time.

I might try to do some gigs in Cambridge or somerville who knows

Thanks for the support guys

Tim Abbott

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim
Good for you, Mark. It takes a lot of courage to take that first jump, but I'm sure you'll be glad you did.

Let us know when you are performing next. Now that we know you don't suck, I would love to see your act ;)

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor
Thanks Tim.

and yes I didn't suck. I would love to have as much people as I can in there that way they can see that I " pack em in" maybe I can get more Gigs, that PAY :)

I had about 40 people that I know there to support me last night. i want to have at least 100 :)

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
Mark,
So, you got it too, huh? That addidction? The need to cause laughter. Man, it's brutal.

I've been doing improv for 6 years, and love it. Both Stand-Up and Improv have their own challenges, but the rewards are the same.

Go Get 'Em!

brentl

Senior HTF Member
" I had about 40 people that I know there to support me last night. i want to have at least 100"

Yep, and when you hit T.O. I'll be there!

Brent

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Good job, Mark.

Please keep us posted as I want to live vicariously through you. I've always wanted to try stand-up... but I just don't have the coconuts... besides the fact that I'm not funny.

Oh, here's a couple of questions, Mark... are there any comedians out there that you idolize at the moment? Not someone who you try to emulate, per se, but more like someone who keeps you inspired?

Also, are you prepared for the drunken heckler? :) That would probably be my biggest fear.

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor
Randy when I got off the stage I was HIGH as a Kite, it was awesome.

Dave my Favorite comedians today are Dane Cook, Ron White, and Pablo Fransisco

I watch them to see how there timing is and what they talk about and I try to do something completely Different.

As for Hecklers I have a few up my sleeve.

Bob Graz

Supporting Actor
Mark,

Great start, congratulations. Nothing like that euphoric feeling of success be it on stage or that presentation at work. Good luck.

Brett_H

Second Unit
Mark,

You mentioned Pablo Fransisco. My (now) wife and I saw him on our first date! He had everybody going, especially the part about "huevos splash"...

Good luck!

-Brett.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
glad to hear it went well, i couldnt make it to that show, but i'll come to other ones if they are in the boston area, before you get shipped off to leno :) and i heard a funny (really dumb) joke the other day, here goes..

what is E.T. short for?

because his legs are very small.

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor
Thanks Christ.

Im working on some new stuff more my next gig(when ever it is) and adding to the stuff I all ready do.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks