What's new

Ok I give up what the hell is a cthulhu? [spelling corrected by admin out of fear] (1 Viewer)

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
I'd call that kitty Squitty!
Cute!
See what I mean about Cthulhu needing a PR upgrade? Uh. Unless of course that is just to make the masses lazy and complacent! :)

Julie K

Screenwriter
I just thought I'd mention that 112 years ago today Cthulhu's "daddy" was born.

Now, if we could only find his essential Saltes and chant Borellus's formula over them...

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
*awaiting the novelization of Lovecraft's shocking romantic affair with a leggy cephalopod...and her shocking and sordid past!*

Cue movie-trailer guy:

"In a world where..."

Edited to fix embarassing spelling mistakes.

Julie K

Screenwriter
"In a world where...
foremost American horror writer HP Lovecraft falls in love and discovers that laughter and love can overcome all obstacles, including malignant alien monstrosities estivating in ruined nightmare corpse cities on the ocean floor. The feel-good movie of the year!"

Ow...my brain hurts...

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Luis,

I understand where you are coming from, but the horror of cthulhu in more in what you don't see than what you do. Lovecraft sometimes describes it as looking at something that isn't quite all in our universe and therefore not able to really be seen or understood by the human mind. Supposedly that's why it drives people mad, their minds cannot wrap themsleves around what they see and just go 'pop'.

To get hung up on what cthulhu looks like is pretty foolish. It doesn't wear power on its sleeve like the Hulk, it's all underground. Kind of like seeing Darth Vader and saying, "whose the pussy in the black helmet over there?" It's not what you can see that makes him a bada$$, more along the lines of what you can't see (like a Sith neck choke that nails you from across the room) that you should be afraid of.

Best bet would be to read some Lovecraft to understand where all this comes from. If you don't get it from his stories, then there's not a person here that can really explain it.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Yes, I agree it's not in what you see. Personally, I'd really like to know how delicious he tastes. And my ultimate question would be: Can the universe supply enough soya and wasabi to flavor Cthluhu meat for a very enjoyable culinary experience?

What you get out of Cthulhu is based on your personal preferences...don't just take our word for it. If you have a tentacle fetish, that's okay too! We're all one with the universe.

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton
Shouldn't Cthluhu be roasted on a wood fire and served with BBQ sauce? Or better yet, fed to skunks and raccoons?

I can see it now: "Cthluhu: The meat that most definitely does not taste like chicken."

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
I like your way of thinking Thomas! Hmmm, a Cthulhu jambalaya would be awesome!

Have you ever eaten squid or octopus Thomas? My guess is that Cthulhu would be a good match. Just gotta convince Julie to reach out with a fork or other kitchen implement next time she calls him in for a cup of coffee or lie on the couch watching sports on the boob tube.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Well I no longer could contain that strange curiosity that arises within be, no doubt due to living with cats, and went to Howard's webpage home. There I found a story called The Cats of Ulthar. Not a sad tale at all, much to my surprize. I read it aloud to the cats, and they seemed frightened by the story. But they purred with delight to the happy ending. Only Susie's occasional sneeze interrupted, sounding like "fhtagn, fhtagn..."

Luis S

Supporting Actor
WOW!!! This thread went farther than I expected!:) I now see the true power of cthulhu :D !!! still not scared though ;)

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
I once had a coworker whose car had bumper stickers which read "Smile! Cthulhu Loathes You!" (with the word "loathes" in a creepy slimy dripping font similar to the opening credits of Married With Children) and "What Would Cthulhu Do?"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks