What's new

Ok, I finally did it!! SVS PB-13 Ultra (1 Viewer)

SHS

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
scott
Awesome is not the word. I really hate you people on these forums. I could have lived in blissfull ignorance but here I am in the middle of this SICK and TWISTED upgrade fever. I love it!!!

Yes the sub is doing great and yes I have gone through the Avia calibration and yes, thank you, my other speakers suck..OOpps can I say that here, well too bad they do severely sound bad!!!!...at least while using Avia to calibrate they sound terrible, while playing movies they are the best I've heard in many places, humphhhh, I'm becoming one of you....you .....people.

Oh, yes there are reasons they are terrible, one reason is that the center and fronts are NOT timbre matched. Darned Avia! Oh and did I tell you that just other day my cat, bless his 7 lives, jumped from the chair in the entry to the living room and on top of the speaker only to find that inertia works WITH CATS TOO! Sorry I yelled, just a little worked up here. Yes he lost a few lives, but no worries, he is part Asian leopard, otherwise known as a Bengal. Oh, I am sure he has grown back at least one of the lives I took from him already so don't fret the little S&#t is ok.

So here I am with a limping surround system that sounds better than it ever has due to the fact that the SVS Ultra 13 is taking up the slack. BTW; the f*'*ng driver in the right front is not working, could have something to do with slamming on the floor when Magic decided to show off for pops here...bless his little heart. Ahem, I digress.

I agree with ya Ron and John, I am now looking online for a matched set for the fronts and center. Then I will be looking for a new reciever and a blu-ray player since in the infinite wisdom of those that want more money there are two hi-def formats to "enjoy". Oh and then I will need to upgrade rear surrounds and then look for a soup line.....did I say I hate you people?

Time out, gotta turn up metallica!!!!

PS: Oh and BTW again; my friend from work that has the Paradigm system and the Velodyne 10" sub heard my system and she is frustrated that for $1300 her sub doen't sound as good as mine....LOL, there is justice in life. Now if I could just take her Paradigms, her Denon 3808 and run then I think I'd have a fairly complete system.....for now.

SHS

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
scott
My frend that had the Paradigms just surprised the heck out of me yesterday as she said she wanted to upgrade her system and I rode with her to help her pick up a new set of speakers.

Then she said, how about buying these used Paradigm sytem 7 v3's from me and I dropped my jaw. She gave me a great price and helped me get them set up and calibrated - wow oh wow oh wow.......these things with the Ultra make an astounding difference.

I am elated beyond words. The neighbors might not be though....
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif

troy evans

Screenwriter
Scott, you are a trip, man. I've loved reading this thread. Someone like you is a breath of fresh air around here. Keep it comin'. Also, congrats on the awesome sub and newly aquired speakers from your friend. Metallica sounds good does it? How about Accept and Judas Priest or Ozzy?

SHS

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
scott
STAY BACK!!! This stuff is contageous. I took a bike ride down to South Beach today for lunch at Mango's a beverage and ahemmmm, some entertainment. While I was watching a latin lovely perform in Mango's, as they seem to like to get up on the bar and shake to the tunes, I was wondering how she would dance while listening to my sound system. OK, these thoughts are not normal are they?

Anyway, I rode back home and watched Saving Private Ryan and I tell ya these Paradigm Monitor System 7's along with the Ultra 13 are sounding so good that I can't imagine it getting any better. If any of you decible nuts do not agree then I really don't want to hear about it. Please just let me live in peace a few years and pretend I have the best sound possible.

Oh yes I will post pics soon. Too lazy right now.

Thanks Troy, I'm having fun. Oh yes I'm listening to every kind of music you can imagine and as many movies as I can pump through it. Ummm, yeah you might say I'm impressed.
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

I'm turning into a freakin' hermit.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks