What's new

offline files stored where? (1 Viewer)

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
in using windows xp, where exactly do the offline files get stored? i can see the link that i saved in the offline web pages folder, but its just a link, where are the html and images themselves? any help is much appreciated.

CJ

John Watson

Screenwriter
I've always been curious about the very interesting Charlemagne quote. Is that from a book?

I'm sorry I know nothing about the subject you are questioning, but perhaps a little thread bump will produce more viewings :)

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
I've always been curious about the very interesting Charlemagne quote. Is that from a book?
its not from a book, its from a movie that i'm sure at least 90% of the members of the HTF have seen. i could just come out and TELL you, but that would ruin the mysticism of the whole thing :) of course i could always tell you in a PM if you like. and thanks for the bump!

CJ

Kevin P

Screenwriter
The default location in XP, 2000, etc. is C:Documents and Settings(username)Local SettingsTemporary Internet Files. I think you can specify an alternate location when you set up a site to be viewable offline.

If you "clear your cache" by deleting Temporary Internet Files from within IE, you have the option of keeping or deleting offline content.

Mike LS

Supporting Actor
Sean Connery said that in the last Indiana Jones move after he scared the seagulls off the beach and into the Nazi airplane that was about to mow them down.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
Sean Connery said that in the last Indiana Jones move after he scared the seagulls off the beach and into the Nazi airplane that was about to mow them down.
damn! well my not so secret 'secret' is uncovered :) its a great quote, and SOUNDS like it could be from a book, doesnt it?

CJ

Mike LS

Supporting Actor
I could never forget that one. I just always crack up at his umbrella in that scene. He's walking down the beach and the wind is blowing about 20mph. I wonder how many takes they had to do because of the umbrella blowing away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks