What's new

***Official Zelda:The Wind Waker - Your thoughts here... Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
Cal I am at the exact same point as you, and have arrived at the exact same opinion. This game is amazing. I don't have a gamecube however I have to play at my friends so my time with the game has been limited to the first dungeon. sigh:frowning:

JoseEduardo

Second Unit
I picked up my copy at Gamestop last night, (they even had a "Zelda launch party" with free cake, soda and prices and raffles :) Beats EB anyday!
Anyways, this game is amaizing, it is the only reason I bought a Gamecube and now I'm glad I did. I guess the Xbox will be getting a rest for now.
I too was "afraid" I wouldn't like the new look of the game, but after playing for a couple of hours Nintendo has proved me wrong. This game is an absolute MUST buy for any Zelda lovers or anyone who has a Gamecube!

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
this game is wonderful looking. i am a die hard fan of the zelda series, and this doesnt disappoint in the least. i would write more, but i think there has been enough written about it, and i want to play the game. a must buy!

CJ

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor
I'm with everyone else - as a die hard Zelda fan since the beginning, this game is FANTASTIC. I've just started, and everything is just amazing and just awe inspiring. If you own a gamebube, or if you're a Zelda fan, this is a requirement.

Gotta play more!
JQ

Eric Mitchell

Stunt Coordinator
I picked up my copy last night and sadly only about an hour into it but I am in awe. I love the graphics and really enjoy the sound. I got all misty eyed during the intro scene where the single violin was playing. :emoji_thumbsup:

I'm this close to taking the rest of the day off to go home and play.

JoshF

Supporting Actor
*sigh*

FedEx f@cked up all the Manhattan deliveries this morning, so what should have been in my hands by 10:30am is now not going to be here until "sometime before 5:00."

Rob_Pierce

Second Unit
Dammit, this day is taking forever. Last night, I tried to woo the guys into my local Gamestop with a "I have to go out of town on an unexpected business trip, can I pick up the game early" shpeal, but it didn't work. By the time I pick it up at lunch and get home, I'll have 25 minutes to play.

Preliminary indications look good, thanks for keeping me updated.

James St

Supporting Actor
I picked this up at Circuit City during my lunch break. It's sitting in my car right now because I don't want it staring at me here at work. I can't wait to get home and play.

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
Argh!

My copy is about 200 miles south of me (figures I'm back in Omaha THIS week), and will remain there until I can get back to Kansas on Sunday.

*whimper* :frowning:

Frederick

Second Unit
Just picked up my copy at GameStop. Nice disk :D. I plan on sending my wife and son to bed early and get some play time in. They didn't have my GameBoy SP, though :angry: . Gotta wait until they get another shipment in. Oh well, I'm still VERY excited about this game!

Freddy C.

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor
I've done nothing but play since the game got here at 10:45 this morning (I skipped my classes :b - thats gonna catch up with me around exam time) , so heres a few more thoughts -

- The tradition of the first Zelda game on any NES console being a ground breaking, amazing, story driven game is kept intact by Wind Waker. It breaks new ground just like the original, A Link To The Past, And Ocarina of Time (Not that I have anything against Link II, or MM).

- Everything just looks amazing. AMAZING. Wait until you see a bomb explode for the first time. Its almost life altering ;) .

- The telescope - Great to have. When I originally played OoT I didnt even think about it, but after all these years of games having some type of binoculars, it was something that I really felt OoT needed. Having it in WW is awesome.

- Re-vamped sub screens - Another great addition - the new levels of organization are really awesome, and you don't have to search the screen for the item your looking for.

- Sailing - :D :D :D

- The first dungeon can be frustrating. Just be patient and get through it - its there to teach you about the WW world and get the story rolling.

- Playing music was a little tough to catch on to for me (the 4/4 part, anyway) but once you get it, its a snap.

JQ

Mark Evans

Supporting Actor
Not that I have anything against Link II
You're one of few people then ;). Not me though, I like Adventures of Link, though I'm one of the minority it seems.

I'm dying to get my hands on Wind Waker, I just finished Ocarina of Time on Sunday. The way shipping out to the east coast works though I'll be waiting until Thursday most likely.

Rob_Pierce

Second Unit
I plan on sending my wife and son to bed early and get some play time in.
What?! This could be a banner day in your son's life. I agree with the wife part, but even if your son is too young to understand the story, maybe his first word will be "Link" or "Ruppee".:D

I played about 30 minutes at lunch. For me, all the reviews are dead on. I went through the sword training and love the combat. It's the same as OoT, but crisper and the musical note when the attack hits is great. Work can't end soon enough today.

Dave W

Stunt Coordinator
Played this ALOT last night and I'm very impressed with it. I must say, I was not originally looking forward to it (after the graphic changes etc.) but after playing an in-store demo a while back and all the positive previews out there it got me hyped up for it again. My preorder came in yesterday and all worries about the graphics are gone :) Flawlessly smooth animation, solid framerate and Excellent gameplay so far...

Evan Case

Screenwriter
Mine is waiting for me at home...six hours away from my current college residence.

I desperately want to play this (OoT is my #1 console game ever), but I gotta go cold turkey on it until near the end of April. Trust me on this, there is NO WAY IN HELL I'd get any of my work done if I had this game out with me, and I'd actually like to graduate reasonably on time (still have an internship and one class this summer though :frowning:).

This is gonna be a tough month, methinks. I think I'm gonna have to avoid checking in on this and similar threads for the duration. I wouldn't survive it. :)

Evan

Ryan FB

Second Unit
Just picked it up and played it for a while, and all I can say is :D :emoji_thumbsup: :).

Didn't read any reviews, didn't play the in-store demo, just preordered and replayed OoT through for the 5th time while waiting for Nintendo to deliver their usual level of quality product. So far it seems to be great! I really enjoy the graphics, which I initially had feared I would dislike from the still captures I had seen...in motion, and in control, it seems quite a bit better, very colorful and pleasant.

Only nag so far is...I just got to the first dungeon, and I can't help but be reminded of Sly Cooper ;).

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
I love the intro. Reminiscent (but not derivative) of the prologue for Disney's Beauty and the Beast. So far there have been a lot of smiles playing the game. :)

-Dave

Ryan FB

Second Unit
Is it 480P? 16x9?
It is 480p, but I couldn't find a 16:9 setting (I don't have a 16:9 native projector, so I didn't look too hard). Nintendo, on 1st party titles at least, has taken the GREAT step of indicating on the back of the packaging whether their games are progressive scan or not (it's where the logos for # of players, GBA link compatibility, memory blocks etc. are). It'd be really nice if they'd force this standard down the throats of all the other developers before they approve the game (or maybe they already are, but I just haven't seen any 3rd party games with the logo). ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks