What's new

*** Official *** XBox 360 Hardware DISCUSSION Thread (1 Viewer)

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
I think I'm burnt out on the Call of Duty series. I played so many on regular Xbox, and now on 360 it's like, "It looks good, it's cool but.....so what". I think I need some new games, I think I'm all world war and Nazi'ed out.

I really want to play something on this 360 that the HD really stands out. Because COD2, honestly, to me I didn't feel like I was playing the 360, it just felt like a really nice looking xbox game. Like I was playing a game that was 480p with nice graphics. But by the game play and the intelligence you know it was next gen, other that.. eh *shrugs shoulders*.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Are you sure the 360 is outputting 720p to your projector?:D

Have you downloaded the Fight Night demo yet?

I can't wait for Burnout. I think it's coming next week. I'm more interested in the sound than anything. Plus, I love the Burnout series.

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
I want to retract some of my previous statement. I am still a little burnt out on world war and Nazis, but COD2 does look awesome. I have replayed it from the begininng last night and changed my PJ to game settings, the settings I had my PJ on were for movies and it was way too dark. I couldn't appreciate how nice COD looks. It's really sweet, I bet the best is yet to come with this system. I want to see how nice DOA looks on this thing, I bet it's breath taking.

NBA 2k6 looks so real it looks fake.

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
does xBox 360 show off a hi-def screen, or is it simply looking better than xBox?

does the picture quality of a game equal that of a movie?

Aaron Schmitt

Stunt Coordinator
I finally found a 360, thanks to circuitcity.com! It should be arriving in the next 5 or so days. I'll be spending my weekend picking up a few titles so I'm ready for it. Hopefully I'll see you all online in GRAW or Burnout soon.

A

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
AAAAAAAARGH!!!!! The bulb on my projector went yesterday and I don't have a spare!!! Well, that's what I get for being cheap.:frowning: I'm going to go nuts if I can't play for a couple of weeks. I might have to go outside or something. No, not the sun!!! :D

EricW

Senior HTF Member
you know what's funny? try playing some xbox1 after getting used to the 360 and you'll think you need glasses since everything is so blurry :P

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
How much is a replacement bulb for your PJ George? I'm at 1700hrs I'm starting to get worried. :frowning:

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George

Yeah, it's funny when you see one of the 360 ports and think that they're aren't much of an improvement. Then, you go back to the Xbox and wonder why you had any doubt at all!:)

LaMarcus,

My lamp is $340 not including shipping. Of course, my lamp is on back order so I have a long wait ahead of me. I'm currently using a 31" tv. After using a projector for 3 years, it's difficult to go back to a "small" screen. :laugh: It's just not the same. If you don't plan on upgrading your projector for awhile, I'd suggest buying a spare lamp. I should have, but firstly, I didn't want to spend the money, and secondly, I knew that most likely I'd be upgrading to a newer projector this year anyway. Now that I ordered a new lamp, I might keep my projector and use both. Won't really know until I do my taxes!

Btw, still loving Burnout! And now I've got Charlotte hooked on Zuma. I only had the demo and she looked at me after the demo was over and said, "Why is it over?! You'd better buy this game already!" I've ruined her.:D

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Yeah, Zuma is pretty fun, I was stuck playing that demo for about 2 hours.

Where are you getting the replacement bulb from?

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Projectorzone.com

She's playing it right now. This is the first time I've come home from work with her playing video games. God help me if Tetris ever comes to Live Arcade.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Looks like hackers figured out how to get game backups to play on the 360. I just saw this on today's Slashdot.org.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
LaMarcus especially, but for everyone who's interested, there's a Burnout Revenge demo out now on Marketplace. Crank up that volume!

EricW

Senior HTF Member
could someone tell me why game discs ALWAYS spin while you're playing the game? even if the game is paused? it only stops spinning when you go to marketplace or something.

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
Is it possible as a Mac user to get hi-def trailers onto the 360 to play that back?

Can you store/transfer file data on the HDD without Windows Media Center?

iPod disk mode? CD/DVD-R?

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks