What's new

*** Official *** XBox 360 Hardware DISCUSSION Thread (1 Viewer)

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
I bought this yesterday finally, I feel like I did a pretty good deal. I just feel learly shelling out that much cash to play video games. But I am a gamer so hey,...

I can't wait until it comes tomorrow, can't wait to see you guys online!!!

My order is below, do you think it was a good deal?

Order Date: 2/21/2006 Order#: 407189 Status: Open
Ordered via: Web

MICROSOFT GAME SYSTEMS
Platinum X360 4 games Wireless $799.88

Project Gotham Racing 3

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2006

Madden NFL 2006 for X360

Kameo x360

addtl. Wired Controller x360

Play Charge Kit X360

Shipping & Handling Total $0.00
Tax $55.99
Order Total $799.88
BackOrdered Items Subtotal $0.00
Shipped Items Subtotal $0.00
Pre-shipped Order Total $855.87

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Well, let's see....

Premium Xbox = $400
Project Gotham 3 = $50
Kameo = $50
Madden = $60
Tiger = $60

Wireless Controller = $50
Play and Charge Kit =$20

That's approx. $690. With tax it's $746. Am I forgetting anything? Looks like you paid $110 more than if you bought each thing at the store, if they were available.:crazy: However, if you're getting them in two days you can consider some of that money is really for shipping anyway.

So, are you interested in the games you're getting? I've heard that Kameo is really good. PGR 3 doesn't seem too bad either. I personally think Madden is a waste since it was rushed for launch and there were a lot of features left out that will probably return next year. I only rented Madden, but I didn't like it so much. My 2k bias is probably some of the culprit though. As for Tiger Woods, I've heard a lot of mixed opinions on it. Again, it was kind of rushed for launch and I think that next year's game will be a lot better. But, having all these games in 720p might make it worth it to you.

You picked a good time to get the 360 LaMarcus. Fight Night 3 is out now and I'm sure you'll really like that one. March has a lot of really nice looking games coming out. Burnout Revenge, Ghost Recon, Battlefield 2, College Hoops 2k6, and I think Top Spin 2 is supposed to be a March release. Then baseball in April! Not to mention more Xbox Live Arcade titles, inluding Street Fighter II. Many choices for you besides some of the games already released. I think the After-Release Drought is just about over. :)

Be sure to download the demos of the Live Arcade games and try them out. Geometry Wars is a very popular game for $5. I like it a lot even though I suck at it. Just like Halo 2, eh?!:D

Did you get 2 Play and Charge Kits? If you plan on using both controllers a lot I'd pick up another one so you don't have both controllers die at the same time. If not, there's supposed to be a Quick Charge Kit coming sometime, that might be a better buy. Who knows when that's coming though.

Can't wait for you to kill me in some FPS! See you soon!
George

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
To be honest with you man, I don't care for any of those games, except for PGR and I still have to buy COD 2. That's all I really want. But mostly I think I'm paying to get it now versus later. Because I can't find it in the stores anywhere. I'll probably end up regretting it later.

Only way I see recouping SOME of the money back is by selling the ones I don't want for $40 bucks a piece. But trust me, if I could have bought a 360 local I would have.
Would have been more like:

360 $400
Controller $50
charge kit 20
pgr $50
COD 2 $60
$620 after tax

So I spent $230 just so I could play it this week. :rolleyes:sheesh...

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
As long as it is worth it to YOU. Just look at it this way, next year are you really going to miss the extra you spent today? Will you even think about it? What about when the first price drop hits? Either way, we're all spending more now than we would later. But, like our HT hobby, if we kept on waiting, we'd never buy anything! (At least that's how I'd rationalize it.:D)

Btw, COD2 has major lag problems online right now. 3 months and still waiting on a patch to fix this problem. The single player game is great though.

DOA4 is awesome, but difficult against the CPU. The last boss is a cheating bitch. My fiance, Charlotte calls her, "Jello Bitch". Maybe we just need more practice.:rolleyes:

Supposedly the 360s are shipping more regularly right now. March is supposed to really pick up because they've had a third manufacturing plant online for a couple of weeks now.

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Well George (you bastard!), because of you I cancelled my order and placed this one:

Shipping Address:

Call Of Duty 2 Xbox 360)

Dead or Alive 4 Xbox 360)

NBA 2K6 Xbox 360)

Kameo: Elements of Power Xbox 360)

Microsoft Wireless Controller Xbox 360

Microsoft Play & Charge Kit Xbox 360

Xbox 360 Premium System

Microsoft Faceplate Hot Rod Xbox 360)

Project Gotham Racing 3 Xbox 360)

Perfect Dark Zero Xbox 360)

Microsoft Live 12 month Gold Card Xbox 360

Item(s) Subtotal $864.52
Shipping $39.94
Sales Tax $63.32
Total for this Shipment $967.78

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
At least this time I have everything I want, but the price tag. :eek:
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Holy Cow!!! Trying to make up for lost time?!

Is your Live subscription over with already? Because it migrates right over to the 360 and turns into a Gold account. Trying to save you an extra $50 if you don't have to spend it. :b :) :b

The good news is that the prices are in line with what you'd normally pay.
:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

I guess I'm going to deserve some online beatings from you, huh? Or probably your woman will just use your Live account and beat my ass in DOA4 or something!:D

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Well as long as the subscription that came with it doesn't expire, I'll use it in August when mine does. I pretty happy with my deal, again it's just the price that's killing me. I could have bought a new SVS, but hey, it's cool.

Yeah man, Jennifer is pissed about this purchase, she hides it well though. She knows I'm a gamer and that I REALLY want this, good woman to support me in my childish purchases.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member

Hear hear! Wives who understand and support gaming habits are truly saints among women. Congratulations on the 360 LaMarcus!

Your second package actually looks much better than the first one. Can't really comment on all of the games, since I haven't played COD2 for more than 10 minutes back in October. Kameo is great though, and Pd0 is a lot of fun online.

See you on Live!

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Sheesh Brian, who pissed in your pudding?

Thank you CHRIS, for your thoughful post, it made me appreciate her ever more. I'm still feeling guilty of the amount of money I've spent on "video games", but I take it that feeling will subside once it arrives in the mail. I'll forget all about the dollar signs will I'm storming the beach in COD 2 :D

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Yes, I'm extremely happy that Charlotte plays with me on some of the games. She won't touch FPS's though. Mostly racing and fighting games. I bought Bejeweled 2 because I thought she'd get into it, but she's not interested in even trying. She keeps putting DOA4 in instead. :)

Put it on "Veteran" and you won't be storming.:eek: But, it's a great game. Even though, I'm stuck on the last Russian mission, which is at the beginning of the campaign! I suck with the sniper, which I thought would be impossible. Leave it to me though. :rolleyes:However, I haven't played in a long time now. Too busy with the Arcade games. I'm up to Level 68 on Mutant Storm's Tally Mode, set on Black Belt.

EricW

Senior HTF Member

are you talking about the defending/storming city hall one?

i'm playing it through on veteran but am stuck on the USA/silo mission. very, very hard. but the brightside is you get killed immediately, so it's not one of those things where you have to do alot of work until you get to the point where you know you die.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member

You're paying for a bundle because you want the 360 now. If you're not happy with the price, there's a simple answer - wait. Microsoft will sort out the supply issues & you'll be able to buy the machine on its own pretty soon. By waiting, there'll be a wider selection of games available, plus the early launch games will likely be cheaper to get.

You said you were unhappy with the price, mind.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I finally had a chance to finish COD2 last weekend on easy mode. I tried veteran mode to see the difference and couldn't even make it around the first corner of the first Russian mission. :laugh: I stepped it down a notch to battle-hardened and I'm on the second Russian campaign now.

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
I usually play a game on normal, but that's usualy because I rent, since I'm actually paying for these games (parish the thought), I think I may actually play it on hard to make it last.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
I played it on normal first so I was able to beat the game. Now, I'm on veteran. The game is really fun so I don't mind going through it twice.

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
I finished the Hardened when I first got it. Now on Veteran (you will not survive) on the British additional mission with the crossroads. I agree the one USA mission where u end up on top of the silo was hardest. I may have played for about 2 hours just to get it done.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks