What's new

*** Official X-MEN ORIGINS: WOLVERINE Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd

That's because us guys only remember the important stuff. *ducks*
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Despite the bad reviews, I'm going to check it out this afternoon. I've got the free movie cash that came with the X-Men Blu-Ray so I figured I might as well use it and a couple of buddies wanted to go see it anyway. I'll report back in the review thread later tonight.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Don Solosan

Supporting Actor
"Not to mention that the one that I saw with" Stryker...

I suspect that all prints have that scene. It's the one after the credits that people are talking about.

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
Because multiple endings will prevent this from being pirated. How dumb does Hollywood think people are. Give it a week (if even that long) and you'll be able to watch all the different endings online.

Shane D

Supporting Actor
movie was better than i thought it would be. i was disappointed in the trailers though, they showed a transformers one, but not the one released last week.

the cgi claws were bad. my guess is they didnt use physical props as much as they did in the xmovies cause his arms were always bare, but that mirror scene was bad. thats where i first noticed it.

i had the deadpool ending too.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member

Couldn't disagree more. I thought the CGI was very well done and the action sequences were great. Don't know what scenes looked so bad to you, but I certainly didn't see any problems.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
"the cgi claws were bad. my guess is they didnt use physical props as much as they did in the xmovies cause his arms were always bare"

It just goes to show how theres too much relying on CGI in films today.

Jackman used the claws prop in the previous xmen films without the gloves. It had a handle that was inthe palm of his hand he was able to hold onto with a fist.They perfectly fit his hand so that it looked like the claws were coming out between his knuckles. Theres a X2 still taken during a break on the porch confrontation scene out there, Ill see if I can find it.

Why they didnt use that prop and relied on CGI - I have no idea.

edit:
I could only find a small version. I had seen a hi res version of this pic a few years ago and the handle could be seen under his fingers

Shane D

Supporting Actor
in all fairness the only bad cgi was on the claws. everything else looked amazing. especially in the end battle on the cooling tower.

if you watch the movie again, in the mirror scene on the farm, just look at his knuckles where the claws go back in, that was the first thing i saw and after that i just noticed the claws more. Just the metal ones anyway, the bone ones looked great. (even though the whole bone plotline i disagree with, in movie and comics)

(maybe i just noticed the claws more because my job is working in photoshop all day and 40% of my work is doing composites of images)

StevenW

Second Unit

Well for one Professor X at the end of the movie. His head looked like it was floating on his body. How about Logan's claws while in the bathroom. They looked extremely fake and cartoonish.

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
Prof X was the worst example of cgi in the movie IMO. Other than that, nothing really caught my eye.

So, it sounds like we have two different codas - is that all of them?

Shaun

Second Unit
The CGI during the bathroom scene was probably necessary due to the sparks coming off of the claws while he was scraping them together. Still that's no excuse for the cartoonish look.

The Professor X scene didn't bother me as much as I thought it would, but should he really have been smiling in that scene?

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Well at least Ron will be eating well from now on

Thats the only reason why I put up with her :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treed99
Recent bookmarks