What's new

*** Official "WHAT A GIRL WANTS" Review Thread (1 Viewer)

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
I took my 2 daughters to see this film today. They are big fans of Amanda Bynes??? from Big Fat Liar. She was terrific in Big Fat Liar and continues to impress in her new movie.

I'll be as brief as possible: Good movie. Definitely a teen girl movie as the crowd today was packed with school age girls!

Of course it was predictable. They made no secret who were the evil people in this film were, and who we were suppose to root for.

To be very nit-picky I thought the director had too many "cute" glamour shots of the lead star. It made me think she's only playing to the camera instead of acting in her role. I guess when they ran out of dialogue, they decided to shoot Amanda trying on cool clothes and being cute. :)

But hey, she's adorable and has great scene presence, and will be around awhile.

Colin Firth was good as well. So was Kelly Preston. Although a major stretch playing a mom-rock singer????

I'm rating this film somewhat differently with consideration to its target audience, and other similar films.

:star: :star: :star: out of :star: :star: :star: :star:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now the Official Review Thread for "What A Girl Wants". Please post all HTF member reviews in this thread.

Any other comments, links to other reviews, or discussion items will be deleted from this thread without warning!

If you need to discuss those type of issues then I have designated an Official Discussion Thread.

Crawdaddy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks