What's new

Official Warner Chat Discussion See Post #2 for Chat Transcript Link. (1 Viewer)

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
I am very disappointed though, I would hope that Warners will eventually release the ones they own.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Well, that question is a bit long, and the chat room doesn't do well with long questions.

Too bad they didn't have a solid answer for you, Tory. You can join me in the frowning corner as I mope over Bachelor Mother still being a couple years off.

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
Tory, by all indications, the Mirc client is allowing a maximum of 5 lines of text. This is happening on several posts.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
looks like some really good stuff is in the pipeline for next year- the good news i guess is that HD releases should be working the kinks (of encoding, etc) out a bit by then so i would feel safe purchasing them (on whichever format)

and it was good to see Dave Lambert making a very strong case for Looker ;) and i have to agree- Laurie Partridge fully nude would sell. i know a few years back they seemed to be very resisitent to Night Of The Lepus and look what happened there...

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
great that we may finally be able to get Under The Rainbow in OAR. a guilty pleasure, but a pleasure nonetheless.

i wonder if Excalibur won't be released next year to coincide with Boormans Deliverance Anniversary release?

every chat, someone asks about The Last Summer and every time i go to look it up (never having heard of it before), it sounds like a VERY interesting movie. i HOPE they do go ahead and release that one- a blind buy i would be looking forward to finally seeing.

Joe Karlosi must be a pretty happy camper right now.

otherwise, it seemed to me like Warner was playing it closer to vest tonight, moreso than they usually have.
i don't remember them voluntering any titles other than whatever was already leaked at the press conference weeks back, and they seemed to be fairly tight lipped for the contents of some of the boxsets.
not a complaint, just an observation.

nobody asked about Petulia, hope that one is still coming this year.

RafaelPires

Supporting Actor
I was also hoping for Bachelor Mother...Maybe in 2008, who knows? Let's cross our fingers.

Great to know about Crawford, Gable, Harlow, Cagney, Stanwyck, Loy and Powell, Errol Flynn Vol. 2..., A Tale of Two Cities, Prisioner of Zenda, Andy Hardy, Maisie!
Two noir boxes in 2006...
Wonderful news.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
Too bad the Bowery Boys films ran into a snag and are being delayed. Hey, I'm all for sterling quality where I can get it, but sometimes I really have to wonder if it's necessary to go all out for every film. The BB films are fun but hardly great art that need to undergo flawless restoration! :)

But I hope we get them.

Overall, yes -- very much! :) The uncensored MASK OF FU MANCHU, and also MAD LOVE, MARK OF THE VAMPIRE (from the original negative!), FRANKENSTEIN 1970, DR. X, ATTACK OF THE FIFITY FT WOMAN.... :D

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Dem chats is rigged I tells ya! I was second or third in line five times and they passed right over me....so .... ;)

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve

Joe, I agree the BB are B-movies, but I applaud WHV for sticking to their high standards here. If they start compromising quality, their overall reputation will suffer and who's to say what films get lesser treatment than others.

Thanks for asking your question by the way. Some great info about those horror classics!

Thanks to Keith and Crawdaddy for keeping up the Q&A and a big thanks to Ron/Parker and the gang at WHV for making this a fun, information filled evening!

Steve

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member

In the long run I think you're right, Steve! Believe me, I'd much rather wait a little and get a really beautiful presentation; it's just that I get concerned that sometimes Warner may feel that if elements for some lesser films aren't up to their high standards, that might = No Release! :frowning: I hope I'm wrong here... I think the Bowery Boys films looked pretty good when they were run on TCM a few years ago....

There are some things like DR. X and MYSTERY OF THE WAX MUSEUM that just can't look that much better (though WB did manage to add MYSTERY to their HOUSE OF WAX disc as a bonus). :emoji_thumbsup:

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
While I'm sad about "Reckless" and "Electric Dreams" not coming to DVD...yet, I do have to say that I'm glad we'll be seeing "Crossing Delancey" before the end of the year. I'd like to see a commentary track with director Joan Micklin Silver, screenwriter Susan Sandler and possibly Amy Irving and Peter Riegert. Extras involving The Roches would be pretty cool also.

Also: No plans for Electric Dreams, Blue Skies Again and Reckless.

Does the lack of "URGH! A Music War" in that list mean that it might possibly be coming out after all?

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

An isolated music track for "Crossing Delancey" would be nice also.

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
Thanks Steve, I hope we didn't steal Ron's (and Bill at The Bits) thunder. 3 hours well spent, I say.

Altered States is not on the slate.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
I should also mention that I was thrilled to learn that Warner will be issuing WHOSE LIFE IS IT ANYWAY, with a commentary by John Badham! It's a hard-to-find film that I've wanted for quite some time now.

And though I was happy as hell to hear confirmation of a SE for DELIVERANCE, I pretty much figured that was a natural!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks