What's new

*** Official Warner Chat and Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Danny Burk

Second Unit
I don't understand the comment about restorations re: BIG PARADE. It was just restored very recently (as was SCARLET LETTER), and even has the ambulance's Red Cross emblem in red as it was on original prints! This new restoration has been shown in 35mm in a number of areas...but naturally, not near me :frowning:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i see it.
they may be knocking you off the list because of your screen name being yumbo.

they may thnk it isnt a real name.

they seem to want names like chris not nes that look like nicknames

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
"Phony nicknames" Please, same one I used in the last chat, and for the last 7 years. It won't even accept my real name! Should I use a fake name? Heck, I just realised it doesn't allow spaces between names.

And what's with people tossing questions in during the YO session? And getting them answered?

Travis Brashear

Screenwriter
I can't freakin' believe no one's gonna pressure them to rethink their "no plans" company line on FEARLESS with Jeff Bridges! Grrr...

Rod J

Premium
Real Name
Rodney Jewett

I assume you mean..
[22:46] It is still our plan to release THE COMPLETE SHOW BOAT with 1929, 36, and 51 in Ultra-Rez, but it won't happen this year. Perhaps next. Contrary to what false information you may have read elsewhere, we have no plans to release the MacDonald/Eddy films anytime soon. Serious film element issues requiring restoration prevent our releasing them on a more expedited basis. We want them to be beautiful and sound great when they finally are released.

Richard Matich

Stunt Coordinator
Almost everything asked about is answered with "next year" or "in 2008". At least La Conf and Rio Bravo is coming. Oops. The Jazz Sing mentioned.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
I'm sorry to hear that they have no plans for Wim Wenders Until the End of the World. In the UK, the short version of this film is coming out on DVD, and there is hope that the long version will follow. But that's PAL, I guess. I want this epic in NTSC.

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
I get my Q in finally after 3 hours, and doesn't get answered, lol. Patience...

Corey

Screenwriter
i am fuming right now and i'm gonna let it be heard. i've been waiting a whole year for this chat and post her all the time about my suggestions and how classics are so dear to me and they totally passed me up. they finally was given the chance to ask a question and they passed right over me and ron had the nerve to get an attitude when i called him out. even when it came to the last couple of questions, 2 people just blurted out theirs and when i did, mine was not answered. i surely don't have the same feelings as i did for this board as i did before.

Paul Borges

Stunt Coordinator
I'm glad they said they are trying to fix the Camelot audio issue. I really look forward to the release. Crazy, but this is one of my favorites. lol

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart

Are you serious? They've only put out... what, a thousand and a half MGM films on DVD?

I'm happy about the answers, especially concerning the silents. Given that they charge higher prices for the TCM Archives line, I'd rather wait for new transfers than reusing the 1980s Thames Silents transfers.

Geez, some people are never happy. We finally get word on The Magnificent Ambersons, the Dark Shadows films, more pre-code, more of the golden age stars, Kubrick, and a whole lot of others.

Richard Matich

Stunt Coordinator
No One Asked about Bonnie & Clyde?! :0 They said in a few weeks dvd announcments will be made. On What? Why not tell us or drop some hints in the chat? I know its not them personaly. They are just following the "corperation's orders". :frowning:

Boba Fett

Auditioning
Real Name
Nick
If I remember correctly, B&C was confirmed to be coming out around the same time as the Cool Hand Luke SE which was again confirmed for release this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks