What's new

*** Official UNITED 93 Discussion Thread (PLEASE READ POST #29!) (1 Viewer)

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
I also just saw this movie for the first time on DVD. Indeed it’s an intense, powerful movie. However I had problems with the beginning of the movie. Maybe the first 30 minutes. I know it’s in real time, but seeing it a second time, I find it difficult to watch. I’m not using the word “boring” because that’s not what I mean and not to mention inappropriate! It’s just too much techno-babble and no human story or getting to know the passengers.

My other major problem is also the way the movie focuses on the terrorists and follows them at the beginning. I think it would have been a lot better if the movie had not started with them and just would have shown them casually from time to time in the airport with the rest of the passengers. To show a more subtle threat than a direct from the start.

Other than that, it’s a very intense movie. It was after the first 30-40 minutes that I fully got into the movie. The ending is also very powerful and elegantly done. For a moment, I thought, wished that they are going to succeed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks