What's new

*** Official "THE TWO TOWERS" Review Thread (1 Viewer)

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Well, I have seen the film.
In a word? AWESOME!!!! :D:D:D Peter Jackson loves us :D
I must admit I did feel irked at times by the changes to the plot as compared to the book, but every time I was on the verge of being too annoyed, something came along that reminded me of why I fell in love with FOTR a year ago. I cried no less than three times, twice because of Sam. Good Eru, someone give Sean Astin an Oscar already!
Gollum was incredible beyond my wildest expectations. The CGI work was almost frighteningly real. And Andy Serkis' performance was stunning. I actually felt pity for the poor wretch, something I never experienced while reading the book. Gollum's inner struggle was chilling, disturbing, even.
Some people have expressed disappointment because of the added scenes that didn't come straight from the text. Overall, I rather liked seeing things and scenes that only got passing mentions in the book. Théodred's death is a prime example of this. The only "invented" scenes I disliked were Brego the Wonderhorse (way to waste five minutes of screen time, PJ!) and Galadriel's little narration.
Helm's Deep was very very very moving. Seeing those children being suited up for battle was heart-breaking. The charge of the Rohirrim at the end was probably THE best battle sequence in recent memory, Braveheart be damned.
The ents looked SPECTACULAR, though I think the editing of their sequences was choppy, and they got shortchanged (except when it came to the attack on Orthanc).
I wish we'd gotten more screen time with Frodo, and gotten a better feel of his struggles. Nothing the EE can't fix
Faramir... Jeeeeesus. I feel like I got kicked in the groin. Boromir Redux is more like it. Where's the noble man from the book, who wouldn't touch the ring even if it lay by the wayside?
I loved Théoden's exorcism, though the fisticuffs between the Three Hunters and the guards were ridiculous.
Úgluk and Co. did not disappoint I was hoping they'd be more articulate than Lurtz, and they delivered. Much closer to the book
That's all I can write about for now. I gotta watch it again before I can write a through review
ps-- Haldir's suit of armor has got to be the most kickass piece they've done for these films. I want one!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks