What's new

The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (2002) (1 Viewer)

DonMac

Stunt Coordinator
I'm curious as to what point in the story will the movie end.

As anyone who has read Tolkien's epic knows, the film version of Fellowship of the Ring actually ended with scenes from the first few chapters of The Two Towers. And given how the ending of Tolkien's The Two Towers is a major cliffhanger...

...in which a stunned Frodo has been captured by the Orcs, with Sam in hot pursuit...

...will the ending of the film version of TTT be at a different place of the LOTR novel so as to not leave audiences hanging?

Robin Warren

Second Unit
I will spoilerize the end of the movie here...

Dont read if you don't want to know....

The movie ends shortly after the Helm's Deep battle and before Sam, Frodo and Gollum climb the stairs to Cirith Ungol. This means no Shelob and no Voice of Sauruman.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
The film ends differently than from what DonMac
has indicated from the book.

Gollum has a major role in the film's final cliffhanger

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Further question about ending:Do they go by the tower of Minas Mogul? Do they reach the part where Sam and Frodo hide under the bridge as the soldiers of Mordor pour forth above them?

I am dissapointed that Shelob (and therefore Frodo's apparent death/capture) has been pushed to movie 3, since that would have made the greatest cliffhanger in cinematic history.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Ron-

I'm so jealous. Thank you for reassuring what most of us already thought would be true (that this is a GREAT film).

Can't wait for the EE box!

Oh yeah, and there's no damn midnight show! The earliest around here is 11 AM! That's during school! I can't miss a single day of school or I will be in a deep pile of work. Oh well.

JohnE

Supporting Actor
Nice review man. Even if it is torture to read.
Word on the web is that the extended edition of TTT could be ~4 hours in length - WOW!
I remember the same thing was being said about FOTR last year. I really doubt we will see a 4 hour cut. But it would be awesome!:)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I have a question about a spoiler that wasn't mentioned anywhere.

In TTT (book) there is a scene where Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli, and the army with them go to where Saruman has been breeding his orc army. There's a series of events that take place there (such as the whole place being flooded and Wormtongue dropping the Palantir down onto Gandalf, IIRC). Do they appear in the film as well?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I'm willing to bet that the majority of people very familiar with the book won't know this.
Given that the end of FOTR ended up running over into the events of the TTT book, they should not have major problems with sequences moved from one movie to another. But, as with you, I've known for many months that Shelob would not be seen in the second film.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I dare not read any review, or even the sneek peak. All I want to know is how does this compare to FOTR and is it a worthy sequel?

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
Hi Ron, some people (not here) who haven't seen the film have been bellyaching about "Arwin singing" and I'd like to know the context of that. Does Arwin sing an Elvish song, and where does she sing it? Is is long or is it short (such as Aragorn's singing in the Extended Edition), and is it good?

Maybe I can put some people's fears to rest with that answer. Thanks Ron!

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I dare not read any review, or even the sneek peak. All I want to know is how does this compare to FOTR and is it a worthy sequel?
------------------------------------------------------------
Ron stated that TTT was quite similar to FOTR. He thought the pacing suffered somewhat because the movie was dialogue heavy in spots. He said it was a worthwhile sequel and gave it
:star: :star: :star: :star: :star: 's.
Is that what you were looking for? No spoilers?

Rich Romero

Supporting Actor

Adding onto Edwin's comments: Not a review I've read of The Two Towers says it's worse than Fellowship. Each one either says it's as good or better.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks