What's new

*** Official "THE MATRIX RELOADED" Review Thread (1 Viewer)

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
This is a review, it always was but I will flesh it out in a more review friendly format if you wish.

Let me start by saying that I had no problem with the plot whatsoever, it made perfect sense to me & was a nice continuation from the first film and was far from boring IMO.
The main problem that I had with this film was in it's technical execution, I knew I was in trouble when in the first 10 minutes I leaned over and asked my friend "what's up with all the James Bond Music?", it was mostly downhill from there.

Morpheus' speeches.....JESUS CHRIST WHAT THE HELL WERE THEY THINKING WHEN THEY WROTE THAT PRETENTIOUS GARBAGE??? COME ON GUYS, YOU CAN DO BETTER THAN THIS!

Zion....what can I say that hasn't been said already?

The Music..as I stated before it was a major disappointment, typical hollywood "007" action filler. A shame as the original film's score was rather good IMO.

The Freeway scene....was it an homage to T2 or was it just a lack of finding anything new to do with the old Hollywood Car Chase? I'm not absolutely sure yet but they did use some rather Brad Fidelish music when the easiest comparisons began.

The fights...uninspired video game repetitiveness.

You know for as much criticizing and self aggrandizing as John Gaeta did at the 2000 Oscars and on the DVD commentary he really seems to have lost his way here, the CGI was far from convincing in most of the areas that it was clearly intended to shine. The character CGI was painfully obvious but even if it had been perfect the action was just so damn uninspired....The Wachowski's apparently never learned the old axiom "Less Is More" because in lieu of inspired action sequences they just thru every thing at you that they could including the kitchen sink, however the problem with this technique is that it has the same effect as gallons of uninspired gore in a typical Friday The 13th slasher film...you become desensitized to it after awhile and it becomes rather cartoony...not a desired effect when you are wanting to elicit "Ooo's & Aaahh's" from the audience.

As I said, the story line was a nice extension of the first film and IMO every bit as interesting as the first Matrix with perhaps a little more ponderous pop-philosophy for the fans to gnaw on before the final installment in November.

In regards to the problems I felt the film had in the direction/technical area, I think if they had cut about $25 million off their budget they would have been forced to be a little more clever...as it is this film just reeks of "too much"...right down to Laurence Fishburne's pot belly. Damn Dude, you couldn't do a few sit-up's? It's the Matrix sequels for Neo's sake!

:star: :star: out of :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

I'll go see the final installment but if it comes down to seeing this or Return of The King....well...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks