What's new

*** Official THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE RETURN OF THE KING Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
Just went to a Monday night screening with a group of buds.

Fantastic, three and a half hours of a phenomnenal conclusion!

You will not be disappointed.

BrianShort

Supporting Actor
I do think it's time for one of these, but I also think mods get upset when people who aren't mods start designating things as official. ;) :D

Just watched FotR:EE tonight, will watch TTT:EE tomorrow, and there are already a few guys camped out in front of our local theater (since Sunday) :rolleyes:3 days is crazy, especially when it's cold and wet and windy here.

Brian

Aaron Garman

Second Unit
I just built 2 copies of this film. That's 10 reels, and roughly 400 minutes. Then, I sat and watched it. At 4:15am, I realized that what I have just seen is pure and utter perfection. I've never been held captivated by a film for so long as I was this one. This movie has to be the perfect movie, as it has everything anyone would ever want in a movie. Drama, action, suspense, comedy, romance, cinematography, sound, music, visual effects, acting, writing, and etc. etc. etc. Some scenes brought tears to my eyes. I watched the EE of both films yesterday, and watched Return of the King today. At the end of it all, I must say, this is the finest trilogy of films ever created. I love Star Wars, but things have changed. Peter Jackson has really created something special here and it will be remembered for all time.

AJG

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
Myself, Dan Brecher and a couple of others are meeting at London's Leicester Square to see the first public performance at 10:40 Wednesday morning.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King" please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.

All HTF member film reviews of "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King" should be posted to the Official Review Thread.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Crawdaddy

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
And I also wanted to get in on the ground floor of the thread I'll be spending much of my time in starting tomorrow.

Another midnight fool here...last year I was very amped, but I'm surprisingly calm this year :)

I probably won't be in 14 hours, but I am now.

To those hitting TT, have a good time!

Take care,
Chuck

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
Dec. 16, 2003

NYFCC crowns 'King' as year's best picture
"The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King"
By Ian Mohr

NEW YORK -- New Line Cinema's "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King" was chosen as the year's best film Monday by the New York Film Critics Circle. According to outgoing chairman Andrew Johnston, the film, which opens Wednesday, scored a "fairly decisive" victory.

But despite the honor, the third film in director Peter Jackson's trilogy based on the novels of J.R.R. Tolkien was shut out of the remaining categories.

Edwin Pereyra

Senior HTF Member
I won't be at the midnight showing but will be there with the missis on Wednesday afternoon (the start of my holiday vacation). :) We are both looking forward to this one. Have fun, everyone.

~Edwin

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
We come to it at last.

The great epic of our time.

Our Trilogy Tuesday folks are making final preparations (or in line already!). The midnight show people are planning their coffee infusions to help keep them going until 3:30 AM. Most of the rest of us have our various Wednesday screeing tickets in hand. And those valiant few with college finals are just trying to get through them so they are free to run to the theater.

Me, I'm ticketed for tomorrow at 11:30 AM. I wouldn't be surprised to see me back for an Wednesday evening show as well.

Looking forward to all the reactions from & discussion with the HTF regulars over the coming weeks & months!

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
"Stand and wait, Men of the West! This is the Hour of Doom!"

It's finally here.

It's been one hell of a ride people, thanks to everyone who participated in that behemoth of a thread. Enjoy yourselves.

--
H

CharlesD

Screenwriter
yesssss, my preciousssss... I have my ticketses for 2:45 pm tomorrow. A bunch of us are taking the afternoon off work to see it (computer geekses). Preciousssss ticketses in my handses yesssss preciousssss. Ok I'll stop now :D

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Gotta wait till thursday too and its killing me. I never thought another movie or movie series would have me as excited to see it as the original Star Wars triology did when I was a teenager but this series has so far surpassed that and I don't expect to be let down with the 3rd one especially when the reviews for this one are stronger than the previous 2 and thats no small feat.

NiklasKarlsson

Stunt Coordinator
For all you people looking to buy the ROTK soundtrack. Here´s a chance to get the Limited Edition for either HKD 145.99 or $19.99 including shipping depending how your currency works for the cheapest.

CD-Wow (HKD)

CD-Wow (USD)

Mine shipped today so I´ll probably have it late this week or early next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks