What's new

The Dark Knight (2008) (2 Viewers)

Fred Mitchell

Stunt Coordinator
I tell ya, I LOVE this batman that's grounded in reality but I have to admit, having something similar to Marvel's direction for it's super heroes is VEEEERY intriguing. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't want a campy batman like batman & robin....but I would love to see a move with both batman and superman in it. IF it was done right of course.

rich_d

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich
How the second part interview should have continued.

Q. So you've made a very violent film to show the futility of violence?

Nolan: I know, what a pile of bullshit right? (Laughs). Busted. It's about keeping the fan boys happy. Shit any Batman movie can make a ton of cash just by ditching Robin, getting a cool car and don't put nipples on Batman's costume. Right? (giggles). So now I'm on easy street and the residual stream will ensure my kids will never have to work a day in their lives. Life doesn't suck.

Ennsio

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris
I'm listening to the Dark Knight soundtrack right now, and it is definitely an awesome one. Brings a smile to my face every time I hear it and makes me feel right back in the movie again. I've also found that with all the powerful bass in this soundtrack, it really punishes weaker speakers to the point that it does not sound good to listen to. I tried playing it on my computer at work with the little speakers that came with my computer and it sounded like it was going to blow the drivers. Same thing in my car when I turned it up at all. On my home theater, a totally different story though. This would definitely be a good demo disc for listening to a system or a sub's capability of playing deep powerful bass.

As great as this soundtrack is though, $48-$60 is a lot to pay for a double-disc CD.

rich_d

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich

So, as the double CD set is not out until December, you're listening to a preview copy?

At that price, they can stuff it.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
The 2 disc CD has the first release included - it's disc 1, so it's a true double-dip if anyone buys the new version and has the first release as well, as I mentioned before.

The album has a TERRIBLE mix, and is clipped to the point of sounding like the average pop or rock album.

Ennsio

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris

No, I'm listening to the single disc original soundtrack that is already out, which as everybody else is saying is the exact same as Disc 1 of the double CD set.
This one.

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member
Thought I would share this ridiculous but true story...

Real life Batman faces super test

Yes, the city of Batman located in Turkey wants to sue Christopher Nolan (not DC Comics or Warner Bros, mind you) for the "illegal" use of their name "Batman". I guess they can sue Tim Burton and Michael Keaton while they're at it.

Batman, the character, was created in 1939. So technically, it's really DC that could sue the city.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

there's a link to Gran Torino for your consideration there too.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
I bought the script/production art book.
I was very interested in the subtle changes between finished film and that script.

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member

I'd love to read the script when I get a chance but I have just been so swamped lately. Are there any significant changes between the two? I guess when you're writer and director, there probably isn't many. I heard about a cut scene of Joker leaving the Bruce Wayne party he crashed.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member

This image is from that scene:

Primarily, the dialogue is a bit restructured to flow better in the finished film, specifically in the sequence where the Judge and Commissioner are killed while Joker storms Wayne's party.

Also, a lot of subtle touches (Joker claiming he's NOT crazy, and the great walk from the explosion-stalled hospital) aren't in the script either.

Some extended dialogue with Joker pretending to be an old lady on the phone with Gotham Tonight prior to his threatening Reese is also included in the script.

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member
Cool, thanks Nicholas. It'd be nice to see those two deleted scenes included as a special feature in a future release.. I'm sure there were some as well for Batman Begins.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks