What's new

***Official The Brute Force Xbox Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
I'm getting pretty good at the different skills.

But when I try and go invisible and sneak into an area to plant mines/do damage, my team seems to be able to follow me unless I tell them to stay put.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
I really wish the game had different squad formations, much like Dungeon Siege. It'd be nice to have a "cover me" formation that was a little more tightly knit.

Also, it seems pretty easy. I'm playing through on Hard, and I think I'm near the finish, and I usually play games very slowly.

A fun diversion, but not a "must buy".

-Dave

Scott Bourden

Second Unit
Finally, I finished the game on the easiest level. Took 20 hours (only 18 missions which seemed odd to me), and the final chapter was pretty disappointing, as was the final movie. It really seemed like the developer's weren't finished with the story, but time was running out so they had to end it somewhere.
In the end it was fun, and took myself and 3 friends about 15 hours to finish. Not everything I expected, but still a good game, especially in co-op.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Supposedly you find other characters as well hidden cubes in the missions. I havent found any, but havent been looking either.

I'm playing this game on a 16x9 set in stretched mode and it works fine. I recommend it heartily, all HUD stuff is easily visible. At least I dont feel like I'm missing anything, I havent actually checked.

I SO wanted this to be a 'great' game but was worried it wouldnt live up to my expectations. I'm very happy with it so far, and think that it is probably best to describe it as a VERY good start to what Brute Force 2 will be like, as I expect that to truly blow the lid off... I suspect the devs will use the lessons learned from this first effort and really come through, especially on the live angle...

Sam

James St

Supporting Actor
Alright I got stuck last night. I'm on mission 9 or 10. Its where you return to Brutus's home planet and save the Shaman prisoner. I'm back in the forest after coming down from the elevator. I made my way up to this area underneath large branches and there is a wide wooden wall blocking my way to the next nav point. I tried going around to a smaller path but it is blocked by another wooden wall. Can either of these walls be destroyed or is there another way. I must be overlooking something. Any ideas?

Kristoffer Nobl

Auditioning
Quick question for all of you. Is there any way of increasing the vibration effect on the controller? I think I am a little spoiled by games like Halo and Ghost Rec.

Thanks for the info.

Kris

James St

Supporting Actor
Looks like I encountered a glitch. When I restarted the chapter last night the wooden wall had a doorway in it. When I first played it the night before there was no doorway at all. I hope there aren't any more of these.

Leroy

Second Unit
This game is too fun!! I'm on the Seer's on the Bayou level(the one that's divided up into 6 parts). HAwk is quite useful on the level.

But:

After you get the objective to wipe out any survivors, I cloaked and went just a little too far ahead of the rest of the squad. That's when you discover feral and seer enemies working together. My cloaking ran out and I just ran backwards chucking gas grenades. I was to panicked to change the squads orders and just led them all the way around until I ran across the squad again(I previously set them up in a crossfire formation and planned to go just far enought ahead to draw the enemy out and to their doom) and ducked behind a tree and ordered them to fire at will. It was a fun and intense experience. The crossfire worked, I guess I just took the long way around to leading the enemy :D

I don't know how anyone could make it through the entire game just running through it and not utilizing their squad tactics.

Martin Rendall

Screenwriter
James,

There was one point where I had to blow up a blocked doorway in a wall with a rocket to proceed. Perhaps it is the same place, and something happened without you realizing the second time through.

Martin.

James St

Supporting Actor
There was nothing blocking that doorway. There simply wasn't doorway at all. It was nothing but wall. It was Seer's on the Bayou chapter 5. Right when you come back down the elevator. I'll try to replay that chapter again.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
I had a glitch where the transporter points at the end of a level never appeared. I ran around for an hour trying to trigger it, assuming that I had missed something. :P

-Dave

Peter Loan

Second Unit
I had Tex get stuck near a bridge, and then eventually break free only to take a lava bath. I guess you have to watch where you use the follow command.

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
In other words, if I press and hold down on the D-pad to select Brutus to receive an order, I can then tap left to select Hawk and right to select Flint, THEN give the order and they'll all follow it.
I had no idea that you could do this! I played until the very last level before I read your post. It was a pain in the ass, in the middle of a fight, to quickly give a command to each team member, individually.

Geez, now I have to play through it again just to enjoy this "new found" gameplay. :laugh:

Dave.A.C

Agent
allright, new twist for everyone. There's been a lot of speculation about hidden items/abilities in this game, now some proof has emerged. Follow the link and check out Tex's cowboy hat. I don't know if this is real, but the pictures would be really diffcult to fake.

YeeHawww!

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
Looks real enough for me. Now the big question:

Where's the nude cheat for Hawk and Flint? And yes, I know Flint is a Synth, but I'm not against finding out how good a job her makers did with her... ;)

Someone had to ask...

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Where's the nude cheat for Hawk and Flint?
Boy, that sure would make all those countless times where I've panned the camera very low, and looked up high, when using the girls, a "hole" new experience. ;)

Here's hoping that 'Anvil puts out some downloadable levels, in the near future. I really enjoyed this game.

I also hope they make a decent buck off of it so that we can get another installment in the future. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks