What's new

***Official "The Amazing Race 4" Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
And for Team Titties...hopefully their attitudes will change. Did anyone notice that one of them actually was disgusted that they came in 2nd to last? I mean, they should be happy they didn't get eliminated. Sheesh. Unappreciative, stuck up, high-maintenanance girls.
A true competitor is disgusted by any placing other than first.

"'Second Place' is simply another name for 'First Loser'"

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
I haven't watched the entire episode yet, but did anyone else think that it didn't really seem fair to include a couple of "NFL wives" in there? Don't they have enough money already? I don't know how much their husbands make, but I imagine it's quite a bit. Maybe I'm wrong.
I think that it is fair and it does not bother me. To exclude people like the NFL wives would be unfair. Why should they not be able to compete just because their husbands make more money than some of the other contestents?

And no, it does not bother me at all—quite the reverse. I quite enjoyed watching Team Lawyer go down in a past series, as they were just so arrogant and unpleasant. I’m sure that they made plenty of money. This is the second time that we have had Team Model—who knows how successful they are—some models make quite a fair bit. There have been several contestants who have had occupations where it is possible they made lots of money.

Let them all play.

And does anyone else think that Team Virgin is a con job. I can accept dating for 12 years and remaining virgins if that is your moral code. But for the guy after 12 years to still be on the fence about getting married and the girl to still be accepting this after 12 years is a bit much. I’m fine with being true to your moral code, but after 12 years either pull the marriage trigger or move on.

I think it’s a scam in order to get on the show. My wife thinks the guy is really gay and the girl is just now figuring it out.

Any other ideas?

MickeS

Senior HTF Member

Could very well be. Either that, or he's just plain nuts. Or they don't consider anal, oral, or any other form of sex off-limits, as long as it's not vaginal, and he's perfectly fine with using the other orifices. :D

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
Quite a few mentions of team NFL Wives getting screwed twice. While I don't agree with what happened at LAX (them getting cut in front of), I think that Josh more than made up for it by showing them where the 4:00 AM tickets were in Milan. They only lost 45 minutes on the way to Milan but gained 2 hours by getting those earlier bus tickets.

I thought that it was a good first episode. I don't have any favorites yet but I'd definitely like to see team fake tits go out next. I just can't stand women who act like that.

KerryK

Stunt Coordinator
Lew, it said next to the ticket what time it was for. So the earlier teams could have gone through and found the best time.

I was kind of confused about this at first also.

I want the models to go, but I like to have a love-to-hate team (Terri & Ian, Will & Tara), so if they stay that's OK too.

Mike, your post reminded me of Amy Poehler on SNL as a virgin when Ray Romano asked what they thought was sex, "I don't do jobs." :D The whole thing is just crazy. Do we know how old they are?

Kenneth_C

Second Unit
The NFL Wives did know that there was another bus behind them. They even made a comment about how happy they were to be on the second bus. They were in no real danger of being eliminated, and only used the FF because they thought it would put them in 1st place. A very poor decision, IMO.

On another topic:
I was asking my wife about the same thing with regards to what gets paid and not. Do they have to pay for their meals, what can they bring (maps?), etc.
Only the plane tickets are paid for. (And they can only book in coach.) All other expenses -- food, gas, cabs, lodging during the leg, etc. -- has to be paid by the contestants from the money provided to them at the beginning of each leg. (And, yes, they can buy maps, as long as they have the money & time to do so.) Money that is not used in one leg is carried over, so being frugal can really help in the long run. (IIRC, on the last leg of TAR3, the teams were given only $1.00 at the beginning of the leg.)

Last night was the only time I remember seeing anyone standing at a currency exchange booth, but that obviously has to occur at some point (probably while they're waiting for flights, usually).

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Kerry—that completely escaped me. That time being on the outside of the envlopes means that the NFL wives knew (or should have known) the time differential among the busses. Making their decision inexplicable,

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, they completely wasted the Fast Forward. They knew there were 4 teams behind them, and getting in first place wouldn't seem as important as making it to the next stage, certainly not important enough to use the FF when you'll make it anyway.

I can't believe the stupid stuff some of the teams argued about, by the way.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, better believe it. Remember, there's a lot of time in between that isn't shown to us, but as the races continue, the stress of not only the competitions, but the personality conflict take their toll.

This show is designed to get people to freak out at the obstacles put in front of them as the stress gets to many of these 2-person teams (from both internal and external situations).

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Just a reminder that TAR 4 is on tonight!

Should be interesting, I missed the previews from the first episode so I haven't even seen any of the tidbits of tonight's episode.

Jay

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
And tonight's episode is entitled "It Doesn't Say Anything About First Come, First Served. And We're Bigger."

Sounds good.

Chris

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
AARRRGGHHH!!!

Team F-Bomb is gone! I so wanted Team NFL to get the boot. Oh well, Chris totally lost it for him and Amanda with his poor mask recognition skills.

Chip seems pretty immature in his strategy. Even the previews for next week show a bit of this trait.

But pretty cool to see Venice, considering I saw some of it in "The Italian Job" albeit much faster with boats speeding around canal ways.

Doug R

Supporting Actor
Aigh.. I think this was one of the worst episodes of the series. Not one but *2* methods of bunching the teams up, one right before the pit stop. Horrible! Made the outcome less about skill and more about getting in that line first (which I guess you could say is skill). And yes, I know Chris blew it twice in the party.

Still, two equalizers in one leg is over doing it and they lost one of the funner teams cause of it.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
In hindsight, perhaps team NFL Wives actually made a good choice last week since without their position, they dropped like a 1 ton anchor last night, barely beating out elimination. Nobody knows how they would of done the challenges last week but they don't seem to have much luck on their side after going into the roadblock in 2nd and being like the 3rd last team to exit.

Russell/Cindy survived another week, they made it out of the roadblock in like 2nd but managed to lose like 5 places in the race for the finish.

Jay

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I think this was one of the worst episodes of the series. Not one but *2* methods of bunching the teams up, one right before the pit stop.
About sums it up for me. Also, I had to wonder why only the air traffic controllers went for the Fast Forward. Sure, it's early, but they're going to have something like a five-hour headstart on the other teams during the next leg. It may be moot if the next one starts out with something to bunch everyone up, but I'd certainly be tempted by it.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Maybe it's just me, but if you aren't in ambulatory shape, why would you even think you had a chance in TAR?

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, pretty much counted out Air Traffic from the start, but I figure if they actually make it to the later legs they might be a threat (not a WINNING threat mind you) because they can use the insider perks

I know that Team Geek isn't going to win, and I'm still pulling for Team Queer. Team NFL and Team Model are going in the next 2 shows unless there's some amazing bad luck and/or Model uses their FF. Team Virgin I'm 50/50 on making the halfway point
especially with next week's asthma attack

Personally, Team Clown is my ultimate hope ;)

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
Aigh.. I think this was one of the worst episodes of the series. Not one but *2* methods of bunching the teams up, one right before the pit stop. Horrible! Made the outcome less about skill and more about getting in that line first
My feelings exactly. Terrible segment to the race.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks