What's new

***Official "The Amazing Race 4" Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Andy_R

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andy
This show was great.
Despite what it says in the challenge thread, my early favorites are:
John & Al - The clowns (classic nose balancing trick)
Steve & Josh - Father / Son (Josh is crafty)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The "Come on, Flo!" line was too classic not to include in this episode. The thing about this show is how unpredictable things are from week to week.

For those who are new to TAR, you're in for a fun ride. Welcome!

Mark Evans

Supporting Actor
I really liked Steve & Josh a lot, they had a really interesting father/son dynamic going on. Josh clearly has that rebellious youth thing on the go, but at the same time he lauds his dad as his hero. I found that really interesting.

The ATCs are also a great pairing, I was cheering them on when they finally made it down the mountain, that must have taken a phenomenal amount of willpower.

Twelve years, no sex, no marriage. Man. Phew. I think little of him, and am amazed at her ability to stand by somebody so damn wishy-washy ;).

The team that definitely annoyed me the most was Team Fake Tits. Vacuous doesn't begin to describe it, although the cigarette comment was quite amusing. Mind you, they may improve, as I imagine tensions were pretty high after that stupid car malfunction.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I didn't like the way the NFL wives got screwed over twice by the other teams just getting to the flights (when they convinced the shuttle bus to drive off and when the one team bought tickets for the other when the wives were ahead of them in line).

I thought this show was less mean-spirited than the usual reality shows? I guess I thought wrong.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I called Team Dumpy when it started. I think that Team Geek is going to start out gangbusters, and that his dad is going to run our of gas. I always cheer for Team Queer, but I don't have a feel for how well they're going to do. They seem a bit more lost than ChaChaCha, and definately more lost than Ken/Gerard. The NFL mom's should last longer than most all-black teams, who historically go out early. Overall, I think Team Clown is who I want to win.

The blown knee was a real hinderance, I was think thing that Team Traffic Control was at least going to hit midpoint

Phil's not hiding his NZ accent much this time, I heard a lot of "Monicer" and "Amander"

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Sigh. I guess I'll stop watching now, then.

Wake me when there's a show where the teams get by on their own talent and intelligence instead of trying to screw over all the other contestants at every opportunity. ZZZZZzzzzz....

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
So many classic lines this episode, I guess they got to watch most of TAR3 for Chris to get the Flo line in. It's great to have one of my favorite shows on a whole summer.

I'd also love to see the race go in the west direction instead of east and have the teams spend more time in the continental U.S., but when it really comes down to it, any Amazing Race is good enough for me :)

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Reality News Online has an interview with Phil Keoghan.

A couple of interesting tidbits that people may or may not know yet:
  • Phil is given updates on the status of the teams during each leg of the race.
  • It's against the rules for teams to be separated form their crews at any time during the race.
  • Phil conducts "lengthy interviews" with each team every time they come onto the mat.
  • Teams are well taken care of after being eliminated.
  • All teams stay with production until the end of the race. (so they still get a trip around the world for free)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Malcom, usually it isn't people being pushy. Once you get past the initial legs it become a lot more of "who can find the best travel agent" or ask the right questions at the desk. When they don't have pre-arranged travel some people pull off some AMAZING leaps, which have everything to do with wit and intelligence. Which is why I watch the show. Most of the time, backstabbing is virtually impossible, and it's all about applied knowlege and thinking on your feet.

I never saw the first race (wish I could), so I didn't know about the placing all-black team. For the other 2 races, the theory does hold tho. (out by the middle)

Kenneth_C

Second Unit
Yep. They got owned on the final leg on their own home turf of NYC, too...
The irony of that is one of the many things I love about this show.

Recap: Rob & Brennan (from L.A.) trusted the cab driver to get them from JFK to the final pit stop in Central Park. Frank & Margherreta (sp?), feeling that they knew the traffic patterns in their hometown, gave specific directions to their cabbie to take an alternate route. They fell victim to a home turf disadvantage -- and ended up coming in second.

Doug R

Supporting Actor
I think the NFL Wives using the fast forward was dumb. What a waste. They never would have been last being on the second bus and it's crazy to waste it so early.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Doug, thinking the same thing all last night.. I take it to early race jitters and their trauma being picked on by the other teams (the bus incident and the airport incident).

Looks like these guys backpacks are smaller sized daypacks than the previous ones.. I remember one of the TAR they looked like they were using full sized 4000ci backpacks which I know are too big as "carry-on" luggages. I wonder how some of these teams manage to scam security and get their luggage as carry ons.

"Come on, Flo" I swear I heard that but I couldn't believe my ears!!! I'm glad I wasn't the only one.

I was actually at the end hoping that Debra and Steve would pass Team Fake Tits at the end, that would of been funny.

Jay

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Let's fill in team monikers (or come up with better ones):

Team Implants
Team Clown
Team NFL
Team Boot Camp
Team Coronary
Team Virgin
Team Gay
Team Staypuff
Team F-Bomb
Team Buds
Team Engaged
Russell/Cindy (she pines for him, not reciprocal)

Lee L

Supporting Actor
Technically, the larger bags do have to be checked and there was at least one episode in the past where one team scammed their way on with their bags to get ahead but the other teams conspired to hold them up in the aircraft aisle to keep them from leaving them behind.

Personally, I would always try to go to the gate and get the bags put on as hand checked luggage to save time but with the new security rules, it is probably harder.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks