What's new

*** Official THE A-TEAM (2010) Review Thread (1 Viewer)

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez
I actually found it quite entertaining. As in the original series, Murdoch is my favorite character. And I thought the action sequences were pretty good.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Me, I thought it was as good as Speed Racer - now before you go "Oh god, it sucked then" and roll your eyes - I *LIKED* Speed Racer. It was faithful to the source material but managed to make it's own stamp. Same thing here - it was recongizbly the A-Team without besmerching the original's name. It was funny, stupid, light and fluffy and had good action bits. WHile I still think that nobody could replace Mister T, they did a good job in the update.

I guess how well it will play to you is based on how much you liked the TV series. I was a huge fan and I quite enjoyed it - for what it was, a comic book come to life.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The casting, for the most part, of the new film franchise, The A-Team, was pretty good, they played off one another well, and the film's pacing moved the plot along rather swiftly.

There was enough action sequences to satisfy this fan of the TV show from the 1980's, though the action gets a little murky in the final act of the film since it takes place at night.

I enjoyed it for what it was: a big, loud, action-filled time at the movies.

I give it 2.75 stars, or a grade of B-.

P.S. Oh yeah, definitely stick around until the very end of the credits.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now the Official Review Thread for "The A-Team". Please post all HTF member reviews in this thread.

Any other comments, links to other reviews, or discussion items will be deleted from this thread without warning!

If you need to discuss those type of issues then I have designated an [COLOR= rgb(68,112,140)]Official Discussion Thread[/COLOR].

Crawdaddy

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Remarkably faithful to the original series - in both its strong and weak aspects - it was an enjoyable romp. Don't know if it was theater specific but at times the dialogue was drowned out by the action. Rather annoying at times.

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
It was definitely faithful to the original series and the scene at the end of the credits with both Murdochs was great

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks