What's new

*** Official THE A-TEAM (2010) Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Well, I'm off to catch a couple of matches of the World Cup, then its off for a matinee of the A-Team! Here's hoping it doesn't completely suck - I'll let you all know how it is when I get back!

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
Damn it, I left before the credits ended.

I thought it was really good, and I don't remember the movie dragging at any point. Funny with lots of action.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Tried to fit it in my schedule yesterday but work got in the way. Today is the first nice day we have had since last summer so the yard beckons. Maybe tomorrow .

Glad to know it appears to be HTF member approved!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "The A-Team". Please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.

All HTF member film reviews of "The A-Team" should be posted to the [COLOR= rgb(68, 112, 140)]Official Review Thread[/COLOR].

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Crawdaddy

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I saw it today and enjoyed the hell out of it. A lot of really funny lines(especially from Murdock's character) and action pretty much from start to finish. Certainly not an award winner of any kind, but the perfect summer movie IMHO.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Great summer film. Carnahan is the goods. There is a lot of energy and charisma in the film. More fun than anything this summer or last, in my opinion.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
I'm bummed this is gonna be a B.O. bomb. This is real fun summer popcorn. And, it's not totally mindless either...there is some good character work in here along with the fun thrills. I think Carnahan learned some good lessons from "Aces" and really had a good take on this material.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Just came back from it.....

I'm not going to write a long review of "The A-Team" because I think we all know what to expect from it. It's actually very entertaining, with a couple really over the top action sequences, including the "flying the tank" sequence. There's a plot, unlike how it was described by some movie critics who lacked the intellengence to understand it. People do die in the movie, although there's really no blood. There's just the right amount of humor in the movie to keep the story moving along and the cast does seem to have chemistry, especially Liam Neeson and Bradley Cooper. Sorry guys, no flashes of skin from Jessica Biel; she seems "lightweight" for her role but she looks great in her black leather boots and dark suits. The movie is almost 2 hours long but it certainly didn't felt like it because there's an interesting plot. And for fans of the TV show, please stay until the credit finished rolling.

A solid "B" from me.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
The theater I was at was kind of crowded at 7:50 on Friday, I thought it would of brought in more money then it did.

Can someone spoil what happened after the credits? Or is it not worth it?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Jeremiah

Can someone spoil what happened after the credits? Or is it not worth it?

There's a scene with the new Face and the original Face (sort of dealing with tanning), as well as a scene with the new Murdock and original Murdock (dealing with some shock therapy on the new Murdock).

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Shawn_KE

So while taking out a couple of armed unmanned drones from a parachuting tank may be unrealistic, it's not nearly as far-fetched as being safe from an atomic blast in a lead-lined refrigerator.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Crap! I didn't stay until after the credits. I enjoyed the movie. It was a bit on the unbelieveable side. But, its a summer popcorn action flick. And it succeeded.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
I checked this out yesterday and loved it. Phenomenal casting - I thought Sharlto Copley actually looks a little like Dirk Benedict looks like today but he was perfect as Murdock. I was also glad they kept many of the original series' familiar gags, like breaking Murdock out of a psychiatric hospital, the gang fashioning weapons/armor out of whatever is around, and even though it wasn't really needed later on in the film, that they found a way to have the famous van make an appearance. I'm sure it helped that Carnahan is a big fan of the series otherwise this would've turned into another forgettable movie. For the sequel maybe they can get the gang to go after the Mob, or help some victimized shopowner sick of being harassed by developers. Just like old times.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I was happy to see that Stephen J. Cannell Productions produced the film, because I knew we'd be getting a straight adaptation of the characters. Our four heroes are plucked from the TV series and dropped into the movie intact, their personalities and dynamic carried over as is from the TV show. That everything else changed around them matters little, because the concept lives and dies on these four characters. All of them did a great job embodying their characters; even Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson was a pleasant surprise.

Was that John Ashley doing the opening narration on the final beat? I know he's dead, but since they only used the second half -- "Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team." -- I thought maybe they used the original recording. It sure sounded like him. I loved that the entire movie was essentially the setup from the opening credits. If they do any sequels (unfortunately looking unlikely now, considering the B.O.) I'd love to see them helping a stranger in need a la any episode of the first four seasons.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Also, the opening of the film taking place in Mexico mirrrored the series pilot - a nice nod. The narrator at the end sure sounded like the guy narrating the series opener, doesn't it?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks