What's new

Terminator Salvation (2009) (1 Viewer)

Will_B

Senior HTF Member

Ok, contemporary minus however few years ago T3 was (whenever T3 decided Judgement Day would be).

But hey, if they find the time machine facility, then they could accidentally have skirmishes in any time period they happen to fall into! Some Terminators and some resistance soldiers could fall into the time of the Old West (shades of BTTF3), some could fall into the 1970s, some could fall into the days before Judgement Day itself. The future is wide open. Er, make that, the past is wide open.

Depending on how it works, they could even end up in 2009 in a parallel world where there was no Skynet... Depends on whether the storytellers want to embrace alternate worlds or not. Probably not. But I'm just saying, they could go to present day if they wanted to -- they'd just have no idea why it isn't destroyed.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
there will be another terminator movie. there's just too much potential $$$ in it. even if Salvation tanked, it's just a reboot waiting to happen.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
It'd be funny seeing another Terminator movie with yet another actor playing John Connor. Josh Brolin would make a good John Connor.

Pete-D

Screenwriter
Don't worry in the fifth movie, the machines go back in time to kill the movie execs that did Terminator 3 and 4 -- instant reboot.

Edward Furlong wakes up and finds Arnold in the shower ... it was all a dream.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino

Nowadays a film has to gross 2 to 3 times it's production cost to break even. T4 will eventually , but it still has a way to go

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Wasn't Bale signed to a three-picture deal? He's probably onboard for the sequel already, and probably had been since day one.

Internationally it's still the number one film, and has had a respectable run here in the States. Throw in merchandising sales and movie-tie-ins, DVD and Blu-ray sales, etc., and I think it'll be OK.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
It will be ok......eventually. But if T4 relied soley on theatrical box-office dollars to break even, it would probably have to gross $400 to $500 million worldwide to do so.

I hope it does, since I really enjoyed this one and would love to see another one.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Finally caught up with this before it vacates theaters for the Transformer sequel (and it is a sequel, Michael Bay, regardless of your egotistical protestations that it is an "event").

Not much to add that hasn't already been mentioned here. Bale was a huge disappointment and the weakest link in the whole film. Bryce Howard was wasted. Was there a point in showing her huge pregnant belly? Who knows, it was never mentioned. Huge chunks of story had to be missing if this thing ever made any sense to start with. Great action sequences, though.

This IS the loudest film I've ever seen. My theater had the sound cranked so high my ears actually hurt. I thought I was going to have to leave, but I managed to fashion some rudimentary ear plugs from one of my napkins that got me through. And I wasn't the only one, another guy down the aisle from me also put his fingers in his ears during the loudest action sequences. I like to crank up the sound in my HT, but this was completely ridiculous.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I saw this today and suprisingly, I enjoyed it. Maybe because my expectations were so low.

Marcus didnt really do it for me, but there was enough other stuff going on that I was kept interested and entertained.

I LOVED Arnies "appearance". It was a complete suprise to me and I thought that was great.

A decent action flick.I'd love to se it in HD. They could prob do one more to bring us up to where Connors sends Reese back, but cant see much else as far a sequel potential here.

And please, no reboot.Three are some inconsistancies, but not much Ill nitpick about.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks