What's new

Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (2003) (2 Viewers)

D

DAN NEIR

Just got back, loved it. Loved the ending. Guess there could be more sequels coming up. Of course the time frame continues to be screwed up but oh well. It would have been nice to see Reece at the end. I thought the T-X would be targeting him for termination too, he has to be born and grown up by now. Along with Matrix and X-2 this is one of my summer favorites.

D

DAN NEIR

Reece is alive in the war and gets sent back, HELLO!
That's how John Connor is conceived, did you see the 1st movie? :D

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
You guys are going to give yourselfs a headache trying to figure out characters and how they factored in the different timelines.:)

Crawdaddy

Ruben Zamora

Stunt Coordinator
Yes cuz Reece dies in John COnners timeline. So while John Conner is growing up, Reece should not be around since he's dead in that present time. So if he died in present time why would he be in T3.

So yes REECE was in the war, but just the fact that he went back in time could have changed his outcome during the war.

NO? or am I just confused lol. All this talk about time contineum makes me want to see BTTF

Ruben Zamora

Stunt Coordinator
For example as I type this message you will see it when i hit submit. BUT if I went back in time 20 minutes ago and DIED, you will not see this message because I didnt exist in this point in time to TYPE it :)

D

DAN NEIR

There's nothing to factor out, John Connor meets Reece during the war and sends him back to protect Sarah. It's that simple. If not he could never be.

FredK

Second Unit
Nice to get to see this one a day early, there were a few showings at the local AMC.

Enjoyed it, agree with Scott W about the T-X just not comparing to the T-1000. Fair story with a great ending. It wasn't so much about what happened but the fact that no matter what it seems it had to happen. Kinda clarifies any timeline confusion for me since the moral basically is events may be different but the general direction is the same (what does Cameron think about that!).

What gave me great satisfaction was 1) Arnold 2) ILM. Nice to see the guys I grew up trusting for summer action are delivering (especially ILM, amazing how good they are when working with proven methods (not creating digital chatacters).

Marque D

Stunt Coordinator
All I can say is “that’s the way to end a movie.” Assuming that this was an in between movie (like Matrix 2 of 3) they were able to do a much better job of it. (BTW I liked Matrix: Reloaded) I was going in with the lowest of expectation since JC wasn't on board but I didn't miss him. After seeing bs like 2Fast 2Furious and The Hulk I was ready to give up on movies for this year with the exception of Matrix: Revolutions and LOTR: The Return of the King. This movie gave me hope. I liked it a lot and it was very entertaining.

:star: :star: :star: :star: /:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

I did have a bad theater experience since the audio was all messed up. The front LCR sounded like playing a 16kbps mp3 on extremely cheap headphones way to loud. It was ridiculous. Plus the movie wasn't framed right, part of the movie was playing at the bottom of the mats.

Chris Dias

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris
Maybe I missed it but did it say anywhere in the opening credits "Based on characters created by James Cameron" or something to that effect. It didn't in the closing credits. And I'm pretty sure that it didn't in the opening either.

Doug Miller

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug Miller
Wow! I was very pleasantly surprised by this one. Heading in, my friend and I expected it to be pretty good, better than Hulk -- Yeah, definitely better than the Hulk.

I liked the balance of humor (although it pushed it a little here and there,) but overall thought it flowed. Great action, movie moved pretty fast, up until the end.

Was a little put off by a few convenient things happening through the story (the last half hour with the plane being the biggest one), but was able to accept that OK, Terminators can still exist, OK, I can see how this is working out. I think that was my biggest worry about the movie would be that they wouldn't explain that enough.

Absolutely loved the ending.

Now for one spoiler that I don't feel like tagging (since this is the discussion thread) Was anyone wishing that when the AMPM dude asked Ahnold if he was going to pay for all that stuff, that he would have just looked at him and said "No." That would have been much cooler! (And beat what he really said.)

Doug

FilipM

Stunt Coordinator
I gotta say I enjoyed it a lot, though I was not really expecting to like it going into the theater. The beginning was somewhat weak IMO, the action was almost pointless even if very well done and Arnold's comedic entry scene seemed misplaced compared to his debut in T2 and T. At some point however, and I honestly don't recall when, it changed for me and became fun. It got stronger as the story developed and the surprise ending was simply outstanding.

I do feel the ending has one serious logical weakness - we are told Skynet is now largely a computer program that has now infiltrated and resides on all the planet's computers instead of being centralized in a super secret "core" in some military bunker. While that is an excellent and clever idea especailly considering the growth of Internet since T2, it does present a serious problem. When Skynet launches all the world's nuclear weapons the blast/heat effects and EMP would destroy the vast majority of both civilian and unhardened military computers and associated networking infrastructure and would essentially kill Skynet, not to mention all the added damage caused by the disruption in electric power generation and distribution. It would seem to be a suicidal move.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
I just have one question: seeing as how the armaggeddon thing was supposed to take place in 1999, how do they deal with that in the movie? I don't want a spoiler about the ending, but does the movie take place in 1999?
The timeline was changed by the destruction of the lab etc in T2.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Well, I saw it last night and it was a lot better than I expected going into it. The ending worked, and it got rid of all the "machine trying to be human" thing that made T2 a little hokey at times. That being said, the TX wasn't near as mean or intimidating as the T1000, but I did like the twists with the T101 character (and the good explanation as to why he's still around and not completely obsolete).

Will there be a T4? Who knows...I still have my idea (A human Arnold who fights for the resistance, and is captured as the prototype for the terminators), but I guess it depends on how much money this one makes.

Gruson

Second Unit
5 out of 5 stars!!!

I was very worried about this movie because Cameron was not attached to it.

I had nothing to be worried about! The CGI is almost flawless (end where they CGd out Arnold's face was kind of obvious). Other than that it all worked flawlessly.

TX was a great character and I would have like Furlong back but Stahl was good.

I loved all the Skynet stuff and early Terminators. :)

I was hooked from beginning to end.

Only real complaint: Brad Fiedel should have done the score...the themes were BARELY used.

Bob Movies

Stunt Coordinator
Boo-urns.

I LOVE the Terminator movies, but this one just didn't do it for me. I thought the script was weak, very thin compared to T2. Not much really happens in this one, it just seems like one big chase sequence.

Kristanna Loken was completely one-note as the TX, she was barely even a character. She just walked around and stared. As mentioned before, Robert Patrick was a much more frightening antagonist.

And another thing... I hate, hate, hate, hate the trend where a sequel is nothing more than a setup for the next movie. Give me a whole movie! I paid for a whole ticket! The ending, particularly the last half hour, was a big disappointment for me. I could get into everything up until Claire Danes says "My father's plane, I trained on it!" It's too bad, because I thought the beginning was so promising, showing John Connor after judgement day never happened.

There was so much more that they could have done with this movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks