What's new

Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (2003)

Marvin Richardson

Supporting Actor
Title: Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines

Tagline: The Machines Will Rise.

Genre: Action, Thriller, Science Fiction

Director: Jonathan Mostow

Cast: Arnold Schwarzenegger, Nick Stahl, Claire Danes, Kristanna Loken, Earl Boen, David Andrews, Carolyn Hennesy, Jay Acovone, Mark Famiglietti, Moira Sinise, Chopper Bernet, Christopher Lawford, M.C. Gainey, Susan Merson, Elizabeth Morehead, Billy D. Lucas, Brian Sites, Alana Curry, Larry McCormick, Robert Alonzo, Michael Papajohn, Timothy Dowling, Jon Foster, Mark Allen Hicks, Kim Robillard, Matt Gerald, William O'Leary, Rick Zieff, Rebecca Tilney, Chris Hardwick, Helen Eigenberg, Kiki Gorton, Walter von Huene, Jerry Katell, George A. Sack Jr., Eric Ritter

Release: 2003-07-02

Runtime: 109

Plot: It's been 10 years since John Connor saved Earth from Judgment Day, and he's now living under the radar, steering clear of using anything Skynet can trace. That is, until he encounters T-X, a robotic assassin ordered to finish what T-1000 started. Good thing Connor's former nemesis, the Terminator, is back to aid the now-adult Connor … just like he promised.

Has anybody noticed that this movie seems to be on everywhere tonight? Not tomorrow, but tonight? I thought it started July 2nd (tomorrow), but all the theaters here in Phoenix have showtimes in the papers and on the internet for tonight starting at 8:00 pm. What gives? Guess I'll go tonight as maybe not everyone will realize its on.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "Terminator 3: Rise Of The Machines" please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.

All HTF member film reviews of "Terminator 3: Rise Of The Machines" should be posted to the Official Review Thread.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Crawdaddy

GlenRF

Agent
they are having a advanced showing of the movie tonight at my theater tonight here in columbus, ohio I cant wait till this movie comes out.

Marvin Richardson

Supporting Actor
They are having advanced showings everywhere, apparently. The Harkins North Valley 16 here in Phoenix has eight showings scheduled tonight; three at 8:00pm, two at 9:20pm and three at 10:40pm. Actually, it seems like every Harkins and AMC theater in town is showing it tonight. Doesn't seem so "Special" if every theater in town is showing it.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I have my tickets for the 10:00 p.m. show and will report back my thoughts about the film later tonight.

Crawdaddy

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Then again, Brian, you guys did make the last Terminator game.

The theater I work at is showing it at 8, 9, and 10:30 tonight. I can't go for free since it's opening day, but I'm off work tomorrow and thursday, so I might be able to see it before the weekend.

Gary Burdick

Stunt Coordinator
I just saw Terminator 3 at 445pm. (I am a projectionist at and amc and they needed me to screen a print - nothing like getting paid to watch a movie). I thought it was excellent and stayed true to the series. The action scenes are extremely entertaining. Also the sound on this movie is incredible. (Saw it in Dolby Digital). Highly Recommended.

GlenRF

Agent
I know how you feel gary I to am a projectionist for regal cinema group I do have to say screening movies is one of the benifits to working at a movie theater.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I have to say I had no desire to see this movie when they announced they were doing it without Cameron but the previews do look good.
I am curious to see how they get rid of Sarah.

Yea, I just got from watching it tnite. Great effects, especially the chase scene, which I think was better than the one in the Matrix Reloaded movie. The actress who play the part of the new Terminator did an excellent job. IMHO, I didn't really miss JC not directing this movie. I especially like the surprise ending. Overall great movie.

Stephen Teffner

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Meh. Color me a bit disappointed.

Sure there are a handful of extended action scenes that are really dazzling, but the "in-between stuff" is fairly rote and overloaded with bouts of lengthy and unengaging catchup/exposition.

Stahl, solid; Danes, not.

Arnie's in fine form despite some of the sillier one-liners he's given. Ms. Loken is easy enough on the eyes but I find it troublesome that she's not half the villain that Robert Patrick's T-1000 was.

Certainly it's a worthwhile flick for action fans and those who dug part 1 and 2, but overall I'd say it's fairly mediocre across the board.

Though I too did like the ending. It was the only time the movie actually felt like science fiction.

Full review on the way. Curious to see if I'm alone in my relative disappointment.

2.5 out of 5 stars

WilliamP

Grip
I really liked it. Great action, FX, and I thought the acting was above average. Some of the one-liners were silly but this movie is a worthy sequel. Better than Matrix and Hulk imo.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I had a blast watching this film and I was surprised how good the film turned out without Cameron.

Crawdaddy

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Well, I'm definitely going to see it tomorrow (hopefully for free, if not then I can probably see it thursday for free).

I just have one question: seeing as how the armaggeddon thing was supposed to take place in 1999, how do they deal with that in the movie? I don't want a spoiler about the ending, but does the movie take place in 1999?

MichaelTa

Agent
Just got home from the local cineplex. One of the better movies I have seen this summer. I have been explaining time travel and the paradox's to my 13 year old. The story line stays true.

Ruben Zamora

Stunt Coordinator
I thought this movie was GREAT. After the HULK, this movie really gave me new hope for the summer lol. I LOVE AWNULD, and I seriously think this was one of his better movies. I too didnt miss Cameron that much in this one. What I really liked about it is that the effects and CGI were kept to a minimum. Unlike other movies I've seen recently.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks