What's new

***Official Survivor: Thailand Discussion Thread *** (1 Viewer)

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
Hey no making fun of Erin...she's from Austin, TX and I'm rooting for her :)
I'd love to know how my reply to Scott appeared before his post...???

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
3rd episode - 10/3/02

For a while I thought I was watching "Disclosure".

The winner of the reward challenge was Chuay Guan, and they got to have 2 red berets spend one day with them, and they showed the "survivors" how to live off the island.

The winner of the immunity challenge was also Chuay Guan, so Sook Jai had to boot someone off their tribe.

The 3rd person booted off the island is Jed, the lazy blonde dude, by a 5-3 vote, with Shiian getting the other 3 votes.

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
I must say this episode was just so-so.

It was being hyped as this huge thing with this 'supposed' fight. Really, though, it was just a shove by Robb and some bad-mouthing.

The whole Ted/Ghandia thing was tired after about 30 seconds. I hope she is voted off soon.

Both tribes certainly have their share of problems right now. I'd have to give the edge to the older tribe at this point just because the young 'uns cannot and will not work together as a team.

It will get a little more interesting when (if?) a tribe swap takes place, or something else to stir the pot.

John Geelan

Screenwriter
Yeah, she's a peice of work alright. Ted apoligizes to her for any questionable thing he may have done during the night and she starts WW3.

Looks like she's a psycho chick that can't handle the game mentally. Looks like she's going to be a bumer for that tribe till they get a chance to get rid of her.

She should have been gone the first week when she blew a reward challenge.

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
So far this Survivor has been a bit of a snoozer (I actually fell asleep after the Immunity challenge and woke up as the credits were rolling by and Jed was talking).

The young tribe is just a bunch of morons. Rob especially. Everything he says makes me shake his head. Shelter more important than food? Lost because of rules? Rather have a single meal than Red Berets showing you how to live off a land for as long as you're there? Sigh.

I couldn't believe how they just self destructed during the reward challenge. The rules weren't that challenging to understand were they? And what kind of person goes straight for someone's throat and then starts talking about the other guy being whiny?

And does Stephanie WANT to catch pneumonia? I don't care how much you like the rain. Sleeping in it is not a good idea.

I won't start up about Ghandia, But Mark needs to work his editing magic and get her kicked off sooner than she's supposed to be. I don't care how he does it. Just fabricate an episode if you have to, but do it soon.

Thank god the Amazing Race looks to have some interesting, yet not completely moronic people on it again.

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Man, I can't stand Tommy Lee, and Ghandia is even worst. I hope those are the next two to go. The girl with the big fake ones may be dumb, but what a body on her. That tiny little bikini she wears could stop traffic. :eek:
I hope Playboy throws enough money her way. :)
So far this Survivor has been interesting and it looks like there aren't as many goody two-shoes as there were last season. As always, this show has me hooked, especially when there are big fake ones to look at. :D
-Dean-

Alex S

Second Unit
Why didn't they get rid of Rob ?
He's the biggest jerk on Sook Jai.

Erin has a nice rack but her face is ugly.

I hope Ghandia is kicked off next week.

Why doen't we have a weekly Survivor thread instead of one very long one ?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Weren't the 3 votes for Shiian from Jed/Robb/Old guy Jake?

Robb has to be one of the stupidest Survivors ever, he's the typical jock who doesn't know how to strategize or think through things, and would rather use his muscles to do the talking. Jed's pretty dumb (street dumb) as well, glad he got the boot.

Survivor was pretty cagey in the way they set up that Reward challenge, fully knowing that the psychological profiles of Sook Jai would mean Chuay Guan getting the points from the muscleheads of Sook Jai for each infraction of not engaging in the black zone.

I think Sarah (before she got all biten up by the bugs) was prettier than Erin.

BrandonM

Stunt Coordinator
I'm 95% sure the other vote for Shii Ann was from Stephanie not Jake. I thought it was funny Robb didn't even remember to hold his vote up for the camera. I think that's a Survivor first.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Ghandia makes me sick to my stomach.
I feel the same way, Scott. And I’ll bet that Double E never even checks out this thread. Most likely because its for snobs only. :D
I can’t believe that Ghandia won’t be voted out at the first opportunity, given her lack of control, divisiveness, and the fact that her inability to solve the puzzle in the very first challenge, cost her tribe the win.
On the plus side, she had the most quotable moment of the show, when commenting on her ‘outing’ Ted: “I didn’t leave anything out but his apology.”

Christopher Cheadle

Stunt Coordinator
The whole Ghandia thing made me sick. It's hard to truly understand what happened with everything be so edited, but the thing I like is that Ted apologized after being confronted about it (which of course Ghandia accepted). Like Lew, I loved Ghandia's quote about leaving out the apology; that about sent my wife through the roof. I think Ghandia is clearly making a play to get Ted voted out. However, after Ted reiterated that he did apologize and Ghandia admitted to accepting that apology, I think her plan has backfired. I would be none too upset if she was the next to go from their tribe.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Sorry folks I don't remember names but;

The guy with the ring bellow his lip .... you know him .... what an asshole!

Another guy that got lucky all life long and thinks he always will. He was all pissed off and then strangely at ease.

Get rid of him.

Brent

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Yes, Ghandia's behavior was despicable. First she talks it through with Ted, and he apologizes for what he did, and she's all happy about it and they're fine. Then she starts badmouthing him behind his back, and "only leave out his apology".
Now, whether Ted is lying for his reasons for doing it or not is not the point. The point is that he stopped it when asked to during the night, and he apologized, and she was fine with it. If she had a problem with it afterwards, she should have talked to Ted about it, not the other people.
Personally, I think he was lying, and that he was fully aware of what he was doing. But so what? They had been shown being really close, hell, she had put her hand on the inside of his thigh in one earlier scene. If he interpreted those signals as her being "interested" in him, then why was she so surprised that he "made a move", even if it was morally wrong? He didn't force himself on her. He stopped when asked to (as I understood it). Yes, what he did was wrong, but it wasn't totally out of the blue.
His comments to Brian about "nothing happened" was not truthful, but it wasn't a big lie either. They didn't have any real sexual contact, but he did obviously do something. He should have said that.
I guess Ghandia's behavior could be explained by her earlier experiences (she said something about having been raped and that people said she was acting in a way that made it happen, or something like that), but that doesn't excuse her behavior after her and Ted's talk.
And Robb keeps acting more and more like Michael Kelso. My God, he's an idiot! His team messed up big time in the reward challenge, and their sorry excuse for a camp is a mess, so I guess he fits in pretty well after all, but still... his stupid comments after the reward challenge about the rules and the guy from the other team... oh come on Robb... you talk like a pissed off 13 year old. The looks on the other tribe members' faces were fun to see though...
By the way, does anyone think Erin resembles, just a little bit at least, Brianna Banks? :)
/Mike

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Stephanie had bonded with Jed, so it was no surprise that she didn't vote with the other ladies. I was thinking during this episode that the four girls should start an alliance now! Maybe they have and Stephanie's vote was a red herring.

I'm still shocked that Jed went instead of Rob, but (and I forget names too) the two remaining guys either like him, or they want to use his "strength" for the challenges to get to merge. But he is shit for brains! Who else would bring a skateboard as their luxury item to a beach?

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
I'm 95% sure the other vote for Shii Ann was from Stephanie not Jake
That would be correct.
I'm with everyone else, Ghandia makes me sick. I couldn't help but laugh at that little 'fit' she threw. I loved the comment by Clay (? can't remember his name now) that his 2 year old did that once and he wipped his ass and put him to bed. :) She's gotta go the next time they lose immunity.
What more can be said about Robb? The guy has no brain and nothing is ever his fault (according to him). His team breaks the rules in the challenge and gets punished for it and he flips Jeff a double bird. Lots of class in that guy.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Stephanie had bonded with Jed, so it was no surprise that she didn't vote with the other ladies.
If she bonded with him, then she stabbed him in the back. I’m pretty sure that Patrick is correct: voting to boot Shii Ann were Jake, Robb and Jed, the latter two making perfect sense as she told them off for losing the net (don’t know about the Jake vote). Voting to remove laziness and stupidity were Erin, Stephanie, Shii Ann, Penny, Ken and Erin.

Could this be that start of ‘girl power’? Ken at least seems to understand the play. This must be an alliance, as Robb/Jed were pretty much equally dislikable and inept and random voting would have seen some go to Robb. Also Shii Ann was so confident about not helping solve the puzzle in the challenge.

The alliance did not occur to my wife or me last night. But it seems to be curtains for Jake and Robb now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks