What's new

***Official Survivor: Thailand Discussion Thread *** (1 Viewer)

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I agree that it is questionable that they kicked a player off because she appeared to be sick and yet she has been more of an asset in the challenges than at least two "healthy" people who remain.
re: the previews
It was interesting that they included some shots of Ghandia running her hand along Ted's inner leg in this episode considering the accusation she will be making against him in the next episode. If they had episode titles, it appears that next week's ep should be entitled "Let's Not Get Physical" for more than one reason.
Regards,

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Why Tanya? Why? She looked amazingly beautiful by the way her face was lit with the lighting sources at Tribal council. Now we're stuck with Jan and Ghandia for a couple more weeks...ewww.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Not a very exciting episode, but I couldn't believe the stupidity of Helen when she didn't bring the map with her on the water trek.

/Mike

Kenneth

Supporting Actor
It was unfortunate that Tanya got the boot but from her interview on CBS Morning this morning it sounds as if it was for the best. She was apparently down 15 lbs in 6 days and pretty dehydrated. Although she was still capable she probably would have had problems in the days to come.

I do agree that Ghandia or Jan should go next. I can understand why they find Helen annoying but she is a stronger competitor than G or J. It will be interesting to see what happens next week. This is actually the first surviver I have watched (I am partial to the Thailand aspect) and I am enjoying it so far.

Kenneth

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Well, at least Penny is still there (though they haven't shown much of her team besides Robb). :)

Lee L

Supporting Actor
Did anyone catch when Ghandia said she would show her cleavage to distract the other team. Has she seen the women on the other team? ;)

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
If the ‘older’ team can’t pick up their game soon, I’m sure that the producers will bring in the ‘swap’ sooner, rather than later. That was a big shock to the both teams in Africa, where it was clear that the weaker team was just going to be reduced to a non-factor quickly.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
If the ‘older’ team can’t pick up their game soon, I’m sure that the producers will bring in the ‘swap’ sooner, rather than later. That was a big shock to the both teams in Africa, where it was clear that the weaker team was just going to be reduced to a non-factor quickly.
I wish they don't do that. I would love to see a team totally dominate the other side. Then when it become more a solo game they would all be at eachothers throats because they are the strongest.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I agree with Mike. The beauty of the dominant team scenario is watching one group of "teammates" nearly completely cannibalize each other and then see the other group of "teammates" cannibalize each other down to the final two. There's lots of inherent drama and the voting is always more intersting than the challenges anyway. The producers don't seem to want to let this happen, though.

Regards

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
I agree with Mike also. I felt a bit cheated when they pulled the 3-person switch in Africa. I just loved seeing that group of layabouts self-destruct. They were so clueless that they actually crafted symbols of the young v. the old. And the older tribe members, who might have been expected to be able to pull things together, became even more divisive.

Its not that bad in Thailand yet, but the beginnings are there.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The reason the producers don't want the weak team to be picked off one by one for 6 straight weeks is because they are afraid of Survivor becoming too predictable and losing viewership in the early weeks.

By introducing the switch, the audience tunes in to see how the dynamices change, and whether new alliances are formed.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I know what you mean, Patrick, but I think the producers are miscalculating. The suspense for me (and probably for most people) is more about who is going to get voted off than which team wins immunity. As the pool of people gets smaller and alliances get stressed, the group dynamics within a team get more interesting. Watching the "weak" tribe go through this makes the episodes before the merger more interesting to me.
Also, if one tribe is decimated before the merger, there will only be a couple of episodes before the dominant tribe has to start kicking off its own. If it is closer to even strength with one group ahead by a person or two, the episodes after the merger become more predictable for a longer time.
I think the real reason they do it is to try to make the last few episodes a little better by throwing a wrench in any "mini-alliances" that may run the table (like in S1) by potentially breaking them up. I still think they would have overall more good episodes if they just left the teams alone to backbite. :)
Regards,

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Did anybody see Tanya Vance's interview with CBS on Friday? Due to my hours, I happen to be home and awake on Friday morning and caught part of the interview. However, I didn't see the whole thing but I don't recall anything being mentioned about the whole incident with Tanya's father during the interview. It mostly stuck to the tribes and stuff and about her dehydration thing. I do find it odd that she is supposedly a track athlete yet she doesn't know how to keep hydrated? Yeah, she's no marathoner but still, any athelete should know how to keep hydrated.

Jay

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Jay,
I think Tanya was having problems keeping anything (including water) down without vomiting. I'm sure she knew why she was dehydrated, but could not do much of anything about it due to illness.

Regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks