What's new

***Official Survivor: Thailand Discussion Thread *** (1 Viewer)

BrianShort

Supporting Actor
Is Patrick Sun not watching the show this season? Usually you see his recaps right away...
Anyway, I think this season should be really good... you've got a beautiful location, you've got several good looking girls (at least one who likes to get nekkid :D) and I think we'll have some really interesting dynamics among the teams.
Brian

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I normally don't agree with the "Vote out the teammate who made us lose the challenge" strategy, but MY GOD, why didn't they vote Ghandia off this time? She completely blew it, and sjudging by the little they've shown us so far she won't be much help in any of the challenges.
I wish they'd have shown more of John so we would know why he got the boot, but it seems it was because he was annoying. Fair enough, I guess, but MAN was I pissed when Ghandia singlehandedly sent them to the tribal council.
I was hoping Robb would get voted off. Yes, he looks a lot like a younger Tommy Lee, but he most of all reminded me of Michael Kelso from "That 70's show": enthusiastic and energetic but dumb as a sack of hammers!
He really annoyed me with his comments about the girl who went to get food. I didn't understand his logic either, he was hungry and complained about lack of food, but when someone went to find food he got pissed off?
And it was so much fun to see how the other team beat Kelso & Co in the paddling contest after he commented that they were the strongest team...
Great start of the new season, by the way! :)

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
The first person voted off is almost always the person who tries to step up into a leadership role but comes across as bossy.
In the first series it was the older man (B.B.?) who cracked the whip on getting the shelter built. In the second series it was the female prison guard who barked at everyone. In the last series it was the goofy guy who was sounding off about alliances on day one. I can't remember who was the first one gone in Africa, but the obvious lesson is that Type-A personalities need to subvert their natural tendencies to tell others what to do during the first few days or else they will be gone. Unless someone else tries to jump in to fill the boss vacuum, then the weaker, older, or sicker members get booted at the second tribal council.
The worst vote was the "he doesn't need the money" vote. You don't play that vote-justification card at the first tribal council. You save that one until much, much later - right before the "he's so lazy" vote and right after the "he/she said something sexist/racist/stupid" vote. :)
Brad

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
The rowing was plainly obvious, especially when the young team was rowing the boat backwards. Any boater will know that timeing is everything and the older folks most definitely had the better coordination between the rowers than the young team. The young team lacked any cohesion and were really lucky to win that immunity. I was rooting for the old team myself just from watching the short clips of the little boat race.

I find it odd that the skateboard dude Robb brings a skateboard since they're on a beach of sand! Maybe they can take the wheels off of it and use it to drag wood or something but it seems useless to me.

Jay

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor
What was with all the crying? Everyone was blattingand it was only days 1-3! Man, it was annoying. What the hell is going to happen when they are two weeks into this? You would think that the people in charge of picking contestants would choose people that showed some sort of mental toughness. It seems like they have a preordained set of criteria for selection. I can hear them "OK, we need an old salt-of-the-earth guy, good. Now, we need some boobs, done. OK where's the elementary school teacher, got her. Dude? Done, etc..."

Dude, where's my skateboard? Dude, your skateboard's gone?

I love this show!

Lee L

Supporting Actor
I was surprised about John being voted off as well although he certainly did not act the way I thought he would being a pastor and all
Ghandia definitely choked, I can understand having a hard time, but never give up and put your face in your hands - keep trying. As far as the other tribe, I can see a fight brewing there as well. They seem so happy that they are the "sexy" team but they are way behind on the basics of setting up camp. Don't these people watch the old shows, you have to split up the tasks the first day, a couple of people scout for food, a couple try to build a fire and the rest work on getting shelter. They are going to be in deep trouble with all that rain.

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
Glad to see I wasn't the only one who thought of Kelso when seeing Robb! was hoping they would lose so he would get voted off - whilst amusing for a short time, he quickly became annoying and very chauvenist.

I think writing off Chuay Gahn is premature. From what we have seen, they have a better chance at unifying and going into the merge strongly. As we saw, up until the very last part of the immunity challenge, they were kicking Sookjai's asses. All that bickering about building a shelter and not eating definitely took its toll on their tribe.

However, I agree that their choice of who to vote off was stupid. They evidently did not watch Survivor: Marquesas - the still stupefying decision to vote Hunter off instead of Rob or Sean!

And as far as the vote goes:

Instead of voting off Ghandia as many people here advocated, or voting off John as they did, they should have voted off Tanya - being the physically weakest. Tanya is great eye candy to be sure, but she didn't seem to contribute much.

John was annoying and it was dumb to make the finding of water a prank - in fact as I watched, I was thinking "Why don't they go and get the swimming tribe members?" But they are going to miss his strength and decisiveness, I think.

Brett Jason

Stunt Coordinator
who was the guy that was in soft-core adult films, I remember reading about it awhile ago, but now I can't find the article

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I was hoping that the "look at my hands" bit from Robb was gong to turn into a Raging Bull scene wher he asks someone to punch him in the face, but alas, it just turned into a "let me see your hands" gripe.
Oh well. :)
Regards,

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
I was hoping that the "look at my hands" bit from Robb was gong to turn into a Raging Bull scene wher he asks someone to punch him in the face, but alas, it just turned into a "let me see your hands" gripe.
Yeah, I was in amazement at Robb - both for his stupidity in being so confrontational so soon, as well as his dumbfoundedness at having blisters on his hands from working! Apparently his skateboarding days never gave him any calluses on his palms! :laugh:
If his tribe loses immunity next week and it's not from a blatant blunder from someone else, I think Robb is going to get the boot.
I'd love to see Shii Ann do well - both to piss Robb off and because she seems like an intelligent person.

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
Heavy storms began rumbling through at 7:00pm last night. Apparently things were bad enough to disrupt the satellite signal. During the challenge my DirecTivo gets all blocky and fuzzy from the end of the rope maze until the point where Team DUDE wins the challenge. I guess Ghandia (sp?) must have really had a brain fart to lose that big of a lead!

Two things I would like to see:

1) Robb goes for a walk in the jungle and ends up lost. A search crew is sent to look for him and the film crew that was following him. The only trace discovered is the film crews equipment heavily damaged at the bottom of a deep gorge. After repairing the videotape, viewers are treated to the sight of Robb leading the entire group off a very high ledge. The video, which becomes chaotic as the group falls, captures Robb's last words, "Follow me DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE" Although the camera was damaged during the fall, it captures (through a broken and dirty lens) an image of Robb, who after surviving the fall, is killed instantly when his falling skateboard smashes into his skull. (OK, it may be wrong for me to wish that Rob dies...)

2) More Penny, lots and lots of Penny please!

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Hi guys. Epsiode 1 was as fun as ever, but here's one thing I simply can't figure out:
How many seasons have to go by before people learn NOT TO ARGUE and NOT TO BE BOSSY?!?!?! Sure, this childish sniping makes for entertaining television, but one has to wonder how stupid the ones doing all the bitching really are! Were I a contestant, I'd be all smiles and "I see where you're coming from" and all that fake stuff.
As far as last night's vote goes, Ghandia got real lucky. I'm guessing that that tribe is more likely to forgive a 'human error' and vote out the bossy bible-thumper. That whole tribe is doomed cuz the "old lady" picked the worst possible collection of personalities.
Man, I can't wait for the skateboarding dolt to get voted off. Hearing him spout about how they're going to win the challenges cuz they have "hotter girls" seems a clear indication of his intelligence, plus he's an obnoxious egotist.
Everyone else seems either cool or at least watchable.
Me likey Erin. :emoji_thumbsup:

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
A couple of thoughts...

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that some of these contestants haven't watched the show regularly/have never seen it. I think it may be a factor in making selections for the show, especially since in season two most of the players seemed to be too conscious of the first season.

That said, I think when you get thrown into the situation, all that stuff you know may go right out the window (so to speak). It's one thing to watch it on TV. I'm sure it's something quite different (and overwhelming) to live it and to always be "on". Think about how mentally draining it would be to evaluate constantly how you are acting. Ultimately I think any act is going to fall away because there's never any time you can't let your guard down.

John is probably used to being in a leadership position and naturally assumed it. The problem is, the first person to try and claim that role is usually tabbed as being overly aggressive. Strategically I think it was a bad vote on their part but who knows. Ghandia was directly responsible for the team's loss, but how many times did Kim J. blow challenges for her tribe? Yet she made it almost to the end.

As for Tanya, I expect there has to be an adjustment period to the environment. Some will adapt quicker. If she's still puking a week later, then yes, she probably won't be any help. I think she'll be of use to the team down the line, and her getting sick didn't appear to impede her participation.

Danny R

Supporting Actor
Well, I'm batting 100% thus far. I predicted the pastor would be the first to go. I guessed from his profile on the Survivor website that he would be the most annoying character.
Lets hope my luck holds out.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
According to Robb Kelso's bio on the CBS Survivor website: "In 1999, Cosmopolitan Magazine deemed him Arizona's most eligible bachelor." Now, is the guy rich? Because from the little we've seen so far I can't see any other reason why any woman would find him attractive... but what the hell do I know.

/Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks