What's new

*** Official STAR WARS Saga (episodes I to VI) Discussion Thread: Part 4 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Anyone here going to watch the Saga entries before The Force Awakens? I used to do stuff like this but not really wanting to. Sometimes it can be an overload and fatigue sets in.

Just not sure what to do on this LOL. I may watch A New Hope before. Just for nostalgia :)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Tim Glover said:
Anyone here going to watch the Saga entries before The Force Awakens? I used to do stuff like this but not really wanting to. Sometimes it can be an overload and fatigue sets in.

Just not sure what to do on this LOL. I may watch A New Hope before. Just for nostalgia :)
I know people that have started watching one movie a week so they can just enjoy the movies and don't overload on them. With just over a month left, it's still pretty easy to watch one every 5 days or so. And if you go OT-only, you could start on watching one a week during the week of Thanksgiving.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
yeah thats the way to do it. I recall many many years ago we were snowed in and watched them ALL. Was awesome at first but then I became restless and went Darth Maul on a few of my irritating guests :)

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I think fatigue would overwhelm excitement if you mainlined them all in short order before TFA.

One a week would make sense, especially if you go just OT (as TFA has seemed to). Or even just A New Hope the night before.

Oliver Ravencrest

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ron
I watched them all in September and that's close enough. I want to walk into the Force Awakens and try to judge it on it's own merits without the OT too fresh on my mind.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Not wanting to start up an all out WAR hehe but whats the general feeling on the OT blu-rays? I never bought due to the changes to ROTJ. Just made me furious. So here I am NOT owning A New Hope or Empire (my top 2 films of all time) on Blu because of the silly and unnecessary changes.

But I am getting weak! really wanting to watch A New Hope in high def. :(

So what did my longtime fellow SW Home Theater Forum buds do on the OT? :)

Oliver Ravencrest

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ron
I bought the Star Wars Trilogy box set released in 2004. I'm holding out for an OOT release, hopefully by the 40th Anniversary. With Lucas no longer owning Lucasfilm, these might have a better chance of seeing the light of day but there are no guarantees. Part of me wants the Blus but I can wait.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Buy the blu-ray and get this?!

Episode-4-R2-D2-Hiding-Behind-Rocks-570x485.jpg

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Tim Glover said:
I never bought due to the changes to ROTJ. Just made me furious. So here I am NOT owning A New Hope or Empire (my top 2 films of all time) on Blu because of the silly and unnecessary changes.
They're all available separately now in steelbook cases. If you go that route, you don't get the two bonus discs though.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I'm not a fan of the changes to the OT, but I have found that, for the most part, the blu-rays of the OT are the films I remember from 1977-1983. Not as they should be, obviously, but until we get those unaltered blus, they'll do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks