What's new

Official Star Wars Press Announcement With Cover Art (1 Viewer)

Dave Farley

Second Unit
Originally Posted by Cory S.

So, I have to ask this question to the hardest of hardcore fans. I just read that the documentary "From Star Wars to Jedi" is essentially a cut down version of the three vintage documentaries that come with the Saga box set. Is this true...because I've been seeing numerous requests for "From Star Wars to Jedi" to be included in this set...?

No, it's different. The first 25 minutes focus on the creatures of ROTJ, as the "Classic Creatures" doc does, but this one has some different creatures and footage. The last 40 minutes of it contains exclusive material. Behind the scenes on making ROTJ, like the speeder bike chase and interviews with Lucas that appear nowhere in the other three docs we're getting. I still suspect it's what he talks about in those interviews as being one of the reasons for leaving it off. Just a crazy theory of mine, but Lucas is a stickler for minute detail, so it could even have to do with the word "saga" in the title. That implies a finality to the Star Wars story contained within the trilogy. Remember, he was going through a divorce at the end of ROTJ and wanted to leave the Star Wars universe and do other things like raising a family and other projects. Back then, there was no guarantee of future films.

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
Originally Posted by Russell G

Oh they're losers all right. They dress up like Star Wars, and just happen to help some charities (which is nice of them). If there was no charity, THEY WOULD STILL DRESS UP! As Travis said, they're creepy! These are grown ups doing this, and it looks like they do it all the time, not just for a party or charity events. These creep-o's use charity events as an excuse to show off their bizarre behaviour. Charities don't want this, but they have to put up with it in order to get the donations. It's terrible! 84 minutes is way to much time to spend with these socially retarded creeps and a waste of disc space. It should be a separate release like that "Trekies" movie showing the Star Trek goofs.

Agreed!

Who whizzed in your cornflakes this morning? People have dressed up in funny outfits as long as there have been Science Fiction conventions. And let me tell you from personal experience, these outfits are not comfy in the least. But the smiles and thanks whether from fellow fans or a little kid whose day was made a little brighter is worth it.

My friends who have entertained terminally ill children with their costumes would respectfully disagree with your opinion.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Cosplay at conventions? I'm ok with that. Cosplay as a planned entertain terminally ill kids? I'm alright with that too if the kids are into it.

Cosplay on a friday night in the basement, like every other friday night? Nope, Weird-O's! :P

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
As much as I love SW, I personally never have nor ever would never dress up as one of the characters. However, I recall someone making a good point once about how doing that is really no worse than rabid sports fans who paint their faces and/or bodies to go to a game. Having said that, I certainly don't see the need for an 84 minute documentary on these fans. I could live with a 10 or 20 minute featurette, but this seems excessive and I'm sure there's some other material in the archives that everyone would rather see.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Originally Posted by Brent M

As much as I love SW, I personally never have nor ever would never dress up as one of the characters. However, I recall someone making a good point once about how doing that is really no worse than rabid sports fans who paint their faces and/or bodies to go to a game. Having said that, I certainly don't see the need for an 84 minute documentary on these fans. I could live with a 10 or 20 minute featurette, but this seems excessive and I'm sure there's some other material in the archives that everyone would rather see.

I agree, dressing up as Star Wars characters is just as goofy and unpleasant as sports fans painting their faces/bodies and going to a game. At least with sports fans, they're surrounded by a bunch of other similar people, like the SW guys at a convention. I suspect these SW ones though are going to be shown showing up all over the place. Attention seeking geeks.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I think the covers for the trilogies are good in idea, but are too busy. Too much going on. I like the cover for the Saga. It's interesting how we see the young A. Skywalker and the old L. Skywalker taking different paths, in fact in 180 degrees opposite paths. Quite appropriate.

They could have made the Original Trilogy much better by giving Princess Leia's Slave Costume more space

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I'll be perfectly honest about Cosplay 501st Star Wars people. They have been at every comic book convention I attended. This goes back quite a few years. They parade around the floor as Stormtroopers, and TIE fighter pilots. I barely notice them. They are boring. There are so many other things to see. Why they stomp around in those uncomfortable outfits for 8+ hours is a mystery to me. Seems more like a waste of a day than a good time.

The doc on the Blu-Ray set seems absurd. I'm perplexed at the idea of it.

But in all fairness If I was 4 years old, and brought to a comic book convention they may seem really cool, and maybe that is their target audience.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Originally Posted by David Deeb

Isn't it the young Darth Vader and the old Luke?

Yes, you are correct, I don't know what I was thinking when I typed that. It's fixed now.

EdReedFan20

Stunt Coordinator
I wonder if the separate trilogy editions are just standard 3 disc blu-ray cases, housing each trilogy. I personally would like individual cases for each movie.

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
I guess I'm in the minority. I like the 501st group. I always thought it would be cool walking around in a stormtrooper outfit. Every summer they show up at our 4-H fair in sweltering heat. They do it for some kind of children's charity. A Harley Davidson motorcycle group has a booth there and they ask for donations. I give those guys alot of credit and the kids love them!

PRO-630HD

Grip
Real Name
tim lamb
What is the skinny on the original trilogy scans? 4K? I heard all the effects shot of the SE films were done in HD. I also read that the films were scanned in HD or 1.9K when Lowry did them. Anybody know, I predict if they do release these using the 2004 dvd masters in HD PQ is not going to stun like it did on the original dvd's. No different than if they would have used 525i masters for the dvd's. HD is capable of less than 1/2 the resolution of 35mm film and simply won't knock anybody's socks off. All of the the best bluray transfers use 4K scans of the 35mm OCN end of story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks