What's new

Official Star Wars Galaxies Discussion (1 Viewer)

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Spreading yourself there Nick:).

You plan on selling back some of those points? Don't know what your plan for you character is but with 4 base classes and the skills your rolling through your going to have some issues moving to an elite class without relinquishing some of what you've gotten thus far. (if thats indeed what you plan on doing). Again I dont know what your planning so....feel free to tell me yo shutup when necessary ;)

For anyone thats wondering, you can at the most most *three* complete trees with the 250 points alotted to your character. You may have some extra points to dabble in a skill or two but three is the magic number. that character builder I posted is very useful in planning ahead.

For anyone having problems getting onto Starstrider, Come to Gorath, I am lloking for some htf's to group up with.
I agree with the above posted Nick, if we are all going to play together its best to choose a "neutral" server and create some alts to work with. Probably the best way to go.

Peter Loan

Second Unit
I made a character on the Gorath server in Correlia named Jeet Kundu. I'm starting out with some markmanship and I've dabbled in Brawling and Medicine. I'm not sure what I want to do with my life yet but this game scares me. What a time sink.

NickC

Second Unit
Again I dont know what your planning so....feel free to tell me yo shutup when necessary
Well right now this seems to be the best combo for me, Artisan makes the money, I'd Like to be a Bounty hunter with some weaponsmith skills, but i am not sure If I will have the points, need to check out the character builder, Marksman and Scout, medic is just for healing myself, I don't plan on gaining much more in that field, and that will be the first to go... We shall see...

For those on Gorath, I am on corellia right now, the capital city, can't remember the name, but it is to the south east, Jurgen Wagner, I am on a lot, so feel free to send an email..

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
I wrote down the name of a server yesterday but I forgot to post or bring it with me :frowning:. Fortunately, I do remember another: How about we make the official HTF server Intrepid? Any objections to that?

Dave W

Stunt Coordinator
Gorath server and Correlia are cool with me too :) I want to try out a Brwaler anyway because the TKA looks like it would be a pretty cool character.

Marshall Alsup

Second Unit
Intrepid is ok with me too, but I already have a character there. Do you guys mind if I use that character? I can't really erase him cause he's the guy I use to play with my work buddies.

-Marshall

Dave W

Stunt Coordinator
Intrepid > Correlia is cool here too.. Will have to create a new char personally but I don't care if Marshall plays with his existing char :)

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Great. I'll build a character on Intrepid at Correlia. It was really hard to find anyone on my server last night that was starting fresh. Everyone was far more advanced than me.

I'm pretty new at this, so be patient with me. But my experience with my medic on another server has led me to want to try it for the long haul. Especially if I have a team that I can heal in the field for experience.

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
Sounds like it will be Interpid -> Corellia. If anyone creates their character, let us know what city they're in. Try not to over-develop your character (Marshall being the exception since this is an existing character). Unless we want to look for another server....

BTW, I'm not sure anyone will know the answer to this, but let's say you open a force-sensitive slot. Can you choose to create a regular character or will that slot be forced to go along a Jedi path?

Marshall Alsup

Second Unit
My character is in bespine (sp?), but I have no problems going to another city.

Also, dont worry about my character being that great, the only second tear skill i have is Adv Carbine, otherwise all I have is first tear stuff. I only play for a couple hours in the evening so I haven't had that much time to buff up my character.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Question for you with more experience. What do you expect from a travelling medic? Medpacks out the yin-yang? /tend damage after battles?

Just trying to gauge how I should think about progression.

Peter Loan

Second Unit
Ok, I'll make a second character on Intrepid Correlia.

Alex,
Are you going the medic route? If so, I can go the Scout route to help you with supplies. It's a good idea to get some crafting skills to make the medpacks you need.

Marshall Alsup

Second Unit
Alex, I dont really heal any wounds in the field, but I do do a lot of healing damage. To heal damage you only need stimp packs, I like to keep at least 5+ on me at all times. I dont use /tendDamage, I usually use /healDamage instead.

For wounds, they heal at the hospital between mission runs. When you get the bad wounds (where you're life bar turns black at the end) you need to have a medic do /tendWound or /healWound. Both of these I do back at the hospital but with /healWound you need to have a heal wound med pack (or something like that). I always just use /tendWound because you dont need the medpack, and I can always go watch an entertainer to relieve my mind wounds after a big round of healing.

So to sum up, just get lots of stimpacks for in the field healing. And wound healing can be done at the hospital between mission runs (unless very severe).

Thats how I've been playing my medic/marksman so far.

-Marshall

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Are tanks important in this game or can everyone run around and shoot at targets?
Everyone can shoot targets but tanks are as vital as any online game. Not so much for the damage they can take but the amount of damage they can do when specialized.

With a regular Master Marksman for instance the damage gets very substantial but a "tank" doesn't really come into his own so to speak until they specialize. For instance I can tell you from experience a rifleman is one hell of a damage dealer (was one in beta) when combined with a Laser Rifle or higher weapon (especially in PVP). Think of the 5 base classes as stepping stones to a much higher level of specialization.

As for Intrepid, I'll be making a Wookie Brawler so watch out:D

RobMorrow

Grip
I walked by this game and it move it's velcro flap and said, "You will buy me"..so..I did..Damn weak mind. If anybody is on Kettermore server, I'm on Tatooine under Dreder Alpha..but damn, how can I change the resolution? I can't find it anywhere

Marshall Alsup

Second Unit
My character is Daaklar. I'll try to be on tonight around 8:30-9 pacific time. I'll travel to Correlia when I get ingame and see if I can hookup with you guys.
Can everyone list their names on the intrepid server so we all know who to look for?

Who else is going to try to get on tonight?

-Marshall

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks