1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Star Wars Galaxies Discussion

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by NickC, Jun 27, 2003.

1. NickC

NickC Second Unit

Anyone buying this game at release?

I have heard of servers being down, registration problems...

2. Chris Flynn

Chris Flynn Second Unit

I'm buying it today if I can find it. Dunno when I'll actually play, since I don't have a credit card, but hopefully in a week or so I'll be up and running.

3. Joel Mack

Joel Mack Screenwriter

A quick glance at the SWG forums seems to indicate the typical first-day blues. Swamped registration and login servers, and whatnot.

I'm somewhat surprised, since Sony's EQ experience should have helped them avoid such problems.

4. Romier S

Romier S Producer

5. Marshall Alsup

Marshall Alsup Second Unit

Well, I bought it, and waited all day at work to play it. Then I got home, got it registered, and couldn't log in [​IMG] So I was forced to play BF1942 all night [​IMG]

I assumed that SOEs experience with this would have helped to keep these problems to a minimum. I was already worried about the game from all the bad vibes from the people in Beta, and this isn't helping.

But, on the bright side, I am looking foward to playing this weekend (if possible). Its my first time playing a MMORPG. My only hope is that it will be fun for a casual gamer. I will probably only be able to play about 5-10 hours a week.

I'm interested to hear others experiences with this.

-Marshall

6. Dave W

Dave W Stunt Coordinator

I agree with you guys for the most part... Went ahead and picked this up yesterday at lunch, registered from work (Took a few hours but didn't have to use Mozilla) and played for a couple hours when I got home (left a little early [​IMG] ). From what I did play it was fun and absolutely BEAUTIFUL. Well, here's hoping they get this at least "playable" for the weekend [​IMG]

BTW: Playing as Cain on Bria and Magness on Ahazi. See you guys online...

7. Chris Flynn

Chris Flynn Second Unit

Romier, thanks for the heads up... But I just got home with it. [​IMG] I'm gonna install it tonight, play around for a bit on it.

Maybe those of us that are playing can meet up on it? Once I register and everything, I'll post my character name and such.

8. James_Kiang

James_Kiang Screenwriter

I'm considering picking it up tonight. I've heard all the negatives on it and have to admit - they're probably accurate. Still, I've got a fair amount of curiosity about it. One question for those in the know: How many characters can you create per server? Total?

9. Romier S

Romier S Producer

10. James_Kiang

James_Kiang Screenwriter

One character per server....that's a bit harsh. I guess in one way it's nice in that it may reduce the amount of twinking. Still, to try out a different character you have to start a character on a different server (that is allowed, right?) or delete the one you've been playing. How many servers are there currently? Will your one account allow you to create a character on all of them?

11. Chris Flynn

Chris Flynn Second Unit

Romier, I'll create a character on your server tonight. Anything you recommend? I was kind of thinking about becoming a bounty hunter.

12. Romier S

Romier S Producer

13. Chris Flynn

Chris Flynn Second Unit

The Starside server is alway "Full" when I try to get on. But I will try to meet up with you in Theed tonight.

14. Romier S

Romier S Producer

15. Chris Flynn

Chris Flynn Second Unit

I was able to create my character on Starside. I'm in Theed now, near the cloning area. My characters name is Tsovuss, or Tzovuss. I'm a Trandoshan, and a damn good looking one at that. [​IMG]

I'll be back on at 11PM EST to look for you.

16. Romier S

Romier S Producer

Good luck. Im still trying to get my character created on Starsider. I have to say this server cap nonsense is just utterly annoying.

17. Chris Flynn

Chris Flynn Second Unit

Well, played SW:G for about 5 hours last night, and I really enjoyed it. It's not the greatest game ever, but it was fun wandering around Naboo and Tatooine, and learning a lot of stuff about the game. Romier, you're a great teacher. [​IMG]

I was finally able to get on Starsider this morning, and created my Trandoshan wanna-be bounty hunter. He is in Theed right now, looking for a CDEF rifle. His name: Tzovuss. I just created him this morning, so I haven't actually done anything but set up the UI for him so far.

I'm going to be out most of the day, but I'll be on tonight to play for a few hours. Romier, or anyone else who's playing (On Starsider) feel free to look me up.

18. Krystian C

Krystian C Stunt Coordinator

question for all who are playing. Do you need a ccredit card to register? I know you get a free 30 day trial, but is this anything like XBOX live where you need a credit card even though you are free for the first while?

19. Chris Flynn

Chris Flynn Second Unit

20. NickC

NickC Second Unit

I am on gorath, jurgan Wagner, is my name, marksman and medic, right now or corellia in the capital city.