What's new

Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones (2002) (1 Viewer)

Paul Jenkins

Supporting Actor
I did like Ewan McGregor's comments that he really liked the movie, as he is known to not mince words about such things :) He did kinda roll his eyes at the title still, you can tell he isn't a fan of that one, but he seemed to be happy to be in Star Wars playing Kenobi. The best part of his interview was setting up the big OB1/Darth duel in EpIII, he said both he and Hayden wanted it to be the best fight in Star Wars history!

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
This seems to be a happy thread! :D
I turned off the premiere thing at the second commercial break...not my thing ;) Although I still have the Titanic one on tape somewhere...
I really enjoyed E!'s Revealed with Ewan McGregor. He just comes off as a smart, reasonable, charming, talented actor/fellow. He's probably the one aspect of AOTC that I am most excited about. I doubt it'll be his best work (unless maybe he sings ;) ), it's different than his last few roles, and should be great fun.
As for the title, I was not a huge fan. I am not a huge fan. But it's not the worst SW title so far...The Empire Strikes Back. That's the worst title so far, as well as the best movie. Hmmmmmmmm?!?!?
I'll be enjoying the midnight show here in a few days...it'll make for an interesting work day, but a few HTF trips should make it better. I managed to enjoy December 19, 2001 quite a bit as well!
Take care,
Chuck

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Just to bring it up in this thread, some of us will be taking over the HTF chat room on Wednesday night for a pre-AOTC release chat. The more the merrier. Full details on that tomorrow or early wednesday.

Dan

Paul Jenkins

Supporting Actor
Just received an email from Fandango, had to share the subject line, made me laugh...
"Twice the action, half the Jar-Jar Binks!"
hehe
:)

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Sounds fun Dan. I'll probably attend. I have to get a nap in though. I'll be getting up at 4:00 AM for work that morning so i have to get some sleep in before the Midnight show. :)
-Dean-

Danny R

Supporting Actor
So which is better... to see the midnight show and push yourself into exhaustion, or to wait till the next afternoon and watch it while you are at your best? ;)

Derek Bang

Stunt Coordinator
The first showing in Indianapolis is 10 AM. I plan on being fresh for the movie in the AM and work late at work in the afternoon/evening! Who says I have to lose productivity and still enjoy myself...

Michael Ballack

Second Unit
So which is better... to see the midnight show and push yourself into exhaustion, or to wait till the next afternoon and watch it while you are at your best?
I'm doing both of course! 12:01 midnight showing on film and then 12:30 Noon and 3:45 PM show on digital. 3 times all on Thursday. :)

Robin Warren

Second Unit
I have plans to see it Thursday at 7pm and I am going to drive into Toronto to see it with friends on Friday night as well. We have a little tradition going were we meet up every three years for Star Wars. Only one more after this one makes me kinda sad. =( Which would be the best place to see it in Toronto? Anyone know of a good place?

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
Michael: I'm doing both of course! 12:01 midnight showing on film and then 12:30 Noon and 3:45 PM show on digital. 3 times all on Thursday.
Good for you! I'm in a similar situation, I've got tickets for midnight, 9:30am and 3:30pm. Even if I hate the movie (which I won't, because I liked TPM and will almost certainly love this one), I'll get to see the Matrix Reloaded teaser 3 times! :D

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
"Email Notification: emails sent to you whenever someone replies. Only registered users are eligible."
Signing to get e-mail notification on an HTF Star Wars thread is just asking for trouble... Ask all the chaps in the big arse Saga discussion thread. :D
Good to see I am not the only loon seeing it 3 times opening day. I just went and collected my tickets for the midnight (35mm), and I have tickets for a 10:20am showing (DLP) in London then the 1:40pm showing right after (DLP). So that's 3 times within a fourteen hour time span. I also have tickets in London for Friday night (again, DLP). :)
Dan

Michael Ballack

Second Unit
With all of us going 3 times on Thursday, doesn't AOTC have to break some kind of record? For at least Thursday. AOTC might not break Spiderman's first weekend, but I still see AOTC winning in the long run, but still being considered a failure. We'll see. ;)

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I have tickets to see it three times on Thursday, but I fear I'll only be able to see it twice, because I have to work.

Derek Bang

Stunt Coordinator
How early do most of you guys show up? The last time I bought advance tickets it was to FOTR and I showed up 30 minutes ahead with no problems getting a good seat. Given that this is Star Wars, should I be heading out earlier? I figure most of the true die-hards will be at the midnight shows, while I'm going to the 10AM showing on the 16th. Thoughts, comments, concerns?

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
I'm seeing it twice on Thursday (12:01am, 10:15pm) and again on Saturday.

My friends and I have decided to show up 2 hrs before the midnight show. We're just going to sit around my house talking about SW so why not do it in line?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks