What's new

Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015) (2 Viewers)

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
Todd H said:
I think I mentioned this earlier in the thread. Rey's theme plays off of Luke's theme a few times during the movie and that piece in during the end credits is one of the most beautiful moments of the score IMO. I also think it is one of the biggest hints of her family tree. Of course, they may have not told Williams a thing about Rey's parents, and he just built her theme around Luke's because of the similar story arc of the two characters.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Chris Will said:
Of course, they may have not told Williams a thing about Rey's parents, and he just built her theme around Luke's because of the similar story arc of the two characters.
Yeah, my guess is that the similarities have absolutely nothing to do with hinting at Rey's family. And if it does work out that way, it'll just be a fun coincidence.

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
Chris Will said:
I think I mentioned this earlier in the thread. Rey's theme plays off of Luke's theme a few times during the movie and that piece in during the end credits is one of the most beautiful moments of the score IMO. I also think it is one of the biggest hints of her family tree. Of course, they may have not told Williams a thing about Rey's parents, and he just built her theme around Luke's because of the similar story arc of the two characters.

That's actually the Force theme, not Luke's specifically (Luke's theme is the main Star Wars theme), so all it really suggests is Rey's connection to the Force. Also, an earlier version of that story said that "some fan" had laid the two themes on top of each other, despite it clearly being directly from the actual cue from the movie, so I don't think that writer did too much digging there :)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
You guys are grasping at straws here. She's an immaculate conception of course. [emoji12]

questrider

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
I saw The Force Awakens for the fourth time (and probably last until the blu-ray is released) at a matinee this afternoon on a large format screen with Dolby Atmos for $8. I'll bet there were at least 50-75 other patrons there as well. I was surprised since it occurred to me that I could possibly be sitting in the theater alone. This was my first time seeing it in 2D vs. IMAX 3D and I will say it looked more film-like as the colors popped a bit more and I noticed more grain. (Although I did miss that 1.66:1 IMAX sequence when they escape from Jakku on the Falcon—that is spectacular!) I don't know if I noticed anything different or better about Dolby Atmos. Perhaps it was a poorly calibrated Atmos setup. I'll have to go see another movie in Atmos at a different theater to get a handle on that one.

Anyway, even upon a fourth viewing, the movie still holds up. Sure, there a few problems here and there but overall I'm still having a blast and do not want it to end because they're hitting all the right notes and flavors. I'm so involved in the story and the new characters who are all so great and interesting that the plot echoes from earlier episodes goes unnoticed. It's Star Wars!

Since I knew it would be my last time seeing it in the theater I stayed through all the credits just to hear John Williams's incredible "Finale" with that scrolling blue font against a starfield. I've really been enjoying the soundtrack. Rey and Kylo Ren's themes are great and dare I say already iconic. Williams has done it again.

I still think one of the best moments in The Force Awakens (and perhaps the entire saga) is at the end when Rey and Chewbacca are getting ready to take off on the Millennium Falcon on their way to find Luke. She gets into the pilot's seat—Han's seat—and for a moment is hesitant. She glances at Chewie and he gives her a quick nod of approval and she smiles. It's a little moment but is so heartwarming because after all the abandonment and yearning to belong that Rey has experienced, she is getting Chewie's approval and acceptance to be where she is.

Especially considering the tragedy Chewie just suffered as well.

Every time I've seen the movie it gets me right in the feels. I think Rey and Chewbacca will be a great team for the next two episodes.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I took in my 5th viewing today at the 12:20PM IMAX screening. The theater was about a third full which would have to be good for a non-holiday Wednesday noon show. I'm 40 and I'm pretty sure I was the youngest person there.

Kevin Lamb

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin Lamb
questrider said:
still think one of the best moments in The Force Awakens (and perhaps the entire saga) is at the end when Rey and Chewbacca are getting ready to take off on the Millennium Falcon on their way to find Luke. She gets into the pilot's seat—Han's seat—and for a moment is hesitant. She glances at Chewie and he gives her a quick nod of approval and she smiles. It's a little moment but is so heartwarming because after all the abandonment and yearning to belong that Rey has experienced, she is getting Chewie's approval and acceptance to be where she is.

Especially considering the tragedy Chewie just suffered as well.

Every time I've seen the movie it gets me right in the feels. I think Rey and Chewbacca will be a great team for the next two episodes.

Wonderfully said and I totally agree. I also like the little look of pride he gives her as she is flying the Falcon over the ocean at the end on their way to Luke's island.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Josh Steinberg said:
You better hurry - it is leaving IMAX theaters tomorrow night/Friday for "The Finest Hours"
Surprisingly, The Force Awakens still has the IMAX screen at the theater near me this coming week while The Finest Hours is only on one screen (with two 3-D shows and two 2-D shows). And this is at a 22 screen theater that usually plays almost any new big studio release on two or more screens (the non-IMAX TFA still has two screens in its 7th week).

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Same here. At my local AMC it's still on three screens including IMAX. Gonna catch it for the seventh and last time next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NenaSiddall
Recent bookmarks