What's new

*** Official 'Star Wars: Attack of the Clones' DVD Announcement/Discussion thread (1 Viewer)

John Alderson

Supporting Actor
Anakin says "not like HERE" as far as I can remember, but it's not terribly clear. I've always liked the sand line, personally... he came from TATOOINE fer chrissakes. Of COURSE he doesn't like sand.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Anakin says "not like HERE" as far as I can remember, but it's not terribly clear. I've always liked the sand line, personally... he came from TATOOINE fer chrissakes. Of COURSE he doesn't like sand.
Agreed. And, he didn't exactly have a happy life on Tatooine. Great line.
Vic, I don't want to offend you by being too strong, but there's no dispute here. The line was the same in the theater as it is on the disc. I only saw it 6 times, but I'm sure my buddy Tim Glover can come in here and confirm. I think he saw it so many times Lucas called him personally and told him to please stop. :D

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Okay Sports Fans, here's the EXACT quote from the scenes...per Tim, I mean George!:
PADME:
"We used to come here for school retreat. We would swim to that Island every day. I love the water. We used to lie out on the sand and let Tim dry us. :D (sorry). let the sun dry us...and try to guess the names of the birds singing."
ANAKIN:
"I don't like sand. It's course and rough and irritating...and it gets everywhere. (pauses) Not like here, (gulps) Here, everything is soft and smooth."
Then they suck face.
That is the same way it was theatrically. Anakin's lines there aren't as clear but it's the same.

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
I had to resurrece this thread to comment on the AOTC transfer.
Just got a 16:9 TV and a progressive scan DVD player and my wife and I were STUNNED at the picture quality of the AOTC DVD! Stunned!
End of gush....:)

Jeff Pounds

Second Unit
I swear I heard the line, "Not like you. You're soft and smooth" in the theater. Cause I remember busting out laughing (as did a great percentage of the theater). But, in case it was subjective memory (which it could have been), I did a search on Google for [star wars "you're soft and smooth"] and found a bunch of movie reviews (including Roger Ebert) that quoted the line in their reviews.
A few other people have said this, but I'll throw my .02 in... he did say "not like HERE..." in the theatrical run.
Here's my story to "back it up..." :)
Toward the end of AOTC's theatrical run, a friend of mine and I were having THIS VERY arguement. My friend SWORE that he said, "smooth like YOU" and I SWORE that he said, "smooth like HERE."
We went and saw AOTC one more time SPECIFICALLY to settle this bet.
Of course the line came up "like HERE" in the film and I let out a "WOO-HOO!" :D
Yes me and my friend are total dorks. :) :)

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Hey Chris,
Glad to hear about your new 16:9 tv and that AOTC looks stunning. We covet ...rejoice with you. :b I hope I will have one of those Hi-def sets soon!

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
Glad to hear about your new 16:9 tv and that AOTC looks stunning. We covet ...rejoice with you. I hope I will have one of those Hi-def sets soon!
Tim:

I know you are a big AOTC fan. I know you saw AOTC in DLP like 80 times.

You owe it to yourself to get a 16:9 HDTV to watch AOTC. Trust me.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Hehe :)
I bought my HD set when I did specifically for AOTC and LOTR, and I've gotta say...
BEST. PURCHASE. EVER.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
You guys are too much!!! ;)
I probably could have saved some money from seeing this so much and maybe bought a hi-def set!
Chris,
Greg is right. We both live fairly close to each other. Send me the hi-def set and I promise to share it with Greg. :D And after that "I will even learn to stop people from dying"....:laugh:
Actually my goal is by the end of the summer to have a 55 or 57 inch hi-def. Got to try and sell my 1998 Sony 53 inch first.
Wonder how those beautiful Special Editon laserdiscs of the OT will look on one of these?

greg_t

Screenwriter

Depends on the screen size and which set you get. Some sets make LD look very good, others make it look pretty bad.

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
BEST. PURCHASE. EVER.
Indeed. AOTC just looks unbelievable on a 16:9 HDTV. LOTR looks good too, but I find that all other movies pale in comparison to AOTC.
Tim:
I can't afford to ship it to you guys...as Best Buy repeatedly reminded me when I turned down the extended warranty: "That will cost $1.50 per pound to ship back to the manufacturer"! :) :)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Tim, I'm guessing the LDs wouldn't look that good. Even non-anamorphic DVDs are a little disappointing on a 16x9. Matt could tell you for sure, as I know he has the lasers.

Chris, I mentioned it either earlier in this thread or in another, but I was able to see AOTC in progressive on my father's set, and I agree with you completely. I was having a hard time getting a good picture on my set, so I was thinking the disc was a tad overrated. Seeing it on a great setup changed my opinion quick.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
One thing nice about my Laserdisc player though; it's the Pioneer CLD-704- it has the Variable Digital Noise Reduction which can sometimes make a fairly noisy image look pretty good.

I would think that a hi-def set would really show off any formats assets and weaknesses. Can't imagine watching all the Smallville episodes I've recorded on vhs the past 1.5 years. Yikes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks