What's new

*** Official 'Star Wars: Attack of the Clones' DVD Announcement/Discussion thread (2 Viewers)

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I am surrpised that lucas would release episode 2 on the same day as the lord of the rings se. Woudln;t he want a separate day for that? not everyone will be able to get both dvds on that day.

JACOB

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Yah...but since it's the 4/5 disc LOTR set, it's not that much of a risk. It would be a different story if he was releasing it the same day as the 2-disc LOTR DVD.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
I think this is a smart decision on the part of Lucas as some people will want to buy both.
It is all about choice
:D

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Sounds amazing. Honestly a little surprised about the full screen version though. Guess this means they will release a full screen TPM now too.
Not surprised about the direct digital transfer. This should be an amazing disc. I think Lucasfilm is going to be much more careful this time around after some of the criticism against the TPM disc. Hopefully the Dolby EX track on here will give LOTR a run for its money, and wont be mastered too low again.(There was nothing wrong before, just that LOTR is BOOMING!)

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
As long as EE is kept at a min...the picture quality should be stunning.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I am surrpised that lucas would release episode 2 on the same day as the lord of the rings se. Woudln;t he want a separate day for that? not everyone will be able to get both dvds on that day.
Chances are, not too many will buy the EE of LOTR. Seeing how it's a re-release and plays toward the LOTR and DVD junkies, the general consumer may not give a crud. They'll flock to the August version. Look at the Pearl Harbor release for example. The initial set broke records, but the Vista isn't selling too hot. But being Ep2's first and only release, it has both the fans and the general consumers.

Brad M

Second Unit
I put my vacation request in already. :b

I wonder if the THX trailer will be different. I still can't believe they didn't make an exclusive Star Wars THX trailer for TPM. (Like T2.)

As for Star Wars on dvd, 2 down, 4 to go.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
Pearl harbor was delayed many times before it was released.. alot of people don;t know that its out.
I rather see the extra half hr on lord of the rings then episode 2.
JACOB

Brendon

Second Unit
At the risk of "me too!"ing...

It's my birthday on the 12th...
AOTC DVD...
FOTR Extended Cut DVD...
Day off work...
Bottle of Chablis...

I'm going to be happier than a pig in a world of s***!!!!

Bren
Elated beyond belief!

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
Right on R. so true. I agree 100 percent about that.. it was a terrible movie and I do like star wars. I grew up on star wars trilogy as a kid.. but that movie was just terrible.

JACOB

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
ARGH! According to DVD File, Connections and six deleted scenes will be available via a DVD-ROM Weblink.

ARGH!

Will the studios ever listen? Not everyone has the appropriate computing environment to make use of these things.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Lets try to keep comments on the disc itself in here, comments about the content of the film in the movies area, please.

Craig W

Second Unit
I am happy that we are getting a direct digital transfer.

One of our fellow members had me convinced that this was going to be a film transfer. Let's just hope that have MPEG conversion tweaked that this will be an EE free release.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Personally I think the direct digital transfer will be stunning. It will have amazing definition and color reproduction, and hopefully no EE. There might be some halos from compression, but I think Lucas is going to be VERY careful this time around.

And as far as the documentaries, I think all three will probably be in the same vein as "beginning" just seperated into three parts.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
If you don't like the movie, don't buy the disc...and please don't crap in this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treed99
Recent bookmarks