What's new

Spider-Man 2 (2004) (1 Viewer)

Scott Kennedy

Auditioning

Patrick, my thought on that wasn't that she actually threw them away, but dismissed them as the way that she figured out who Peter actually was.

going through his stuff as she was moving she figured it out and came to terms with what happened with Peter and Ben.

Passively saying "oh, I threw all of that old stuff out", seemed to me her way of saying, "I forgive you, I know who you are, we need you"

I'm not a deep person, but that's what I got out of it :)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I agree that Aunt May knows, but I think that was just a joke along the lines of, "If we had those comic books to sell, we could pay off the bank."

. . .

My first thought on the train segment was that it didn't matter that the people saw his face, as there are millions of people in the city and no way to find one. Of course, one of them could easily give the description to a police sketch artist, and it could find its way to the Bugle. The intention would be to have JJJ make it front page news, but of course, he'd instantly know.

Of course, I know that the scene is there to show that the average citizen appreciates Spider-Man, no matter what the cops or the Bugle might think of him. It's fantasy to think they'd all keep his secret, but the movie is a fantasy. So, I'll forget the real-life concerns and just enjoy it as a nice moment.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member

:emoji_thumbsup:

My only grip was the whole "stage dive" pass along at the end of the train sequence. Otherwise, my favorite film this summer.

P.S. Stan Lee shouldn't stand near buildings. :)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

true i had forgotten about that little, "oh never mind, this is what really happened" series.

but for years it was apparently leeds.
until that nevermind series.

John Doran

Screenwriter

just read your review in the other thread, larry, and just wanted to say that it mirrors my sentiments exactly.

but of all the unexpected things to come out of this movie for me, what i expected least, i think, was to be so moved by the film.

i have always loved comics and superheroes and the purity of their moral universe....

this movie did everything right, and i'm grateful for it.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Anyone re-spin Spider-Man after seeing the sequel?

I just got done. Goblin-mask aside, I still think the first one is the better movie. By like...an eyelash.

Ray_Gootz

Stunt Coordinator
Greg-

I actully liked the way the Hobgoblin storyline eventully played out because it was like the comic book version of Usual Suspects. The person everyone least expected got away clean with one of the biggest crime wave ever. It was even better that Spidey actully belived for years that his friend Ned was a killer. If they do a Goblin again they gotta do the mystery angle it made the hobgoblin saga a bit more intresting than the Green Goblin's.

Also alot of people I talked to are hyped for the Venom Saga to hit the films. Venom is big for us in our twenty's. He's the villan we were all in awe of when we were kids. I remember being scared when I first saw Venom. I can't belive Rami dosen't want to do Venom but in the right hands the Venom film could be a masterpiece. See the cool thing about Venom is that he's scary and willing to go to any lengths to destroy Spider-man but when Carnage shows up venom realizes, in the face of true unadulterated evil that even though he's an asshole he's not that much of an asshole and turns somewhat good. It's an intresting villan and I hope they do great things with him.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
I prefer the second one by a large margin but the scenes from the first when he is discovering his powers are the best of the two films.

Travis_S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis
I like Spider-Man 2 a lot more than 1. I think there's a lot crammed in to the first one, whereas in this one there is more time to spread around.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I liked Venom at first. I just didn't like what he became. Of course, Raimi would be using Venom as he was at the start. Still, there's so many better villains and storylines that could be utilized. Kraven's Last Hunt?

Actually, it would be interesting to see a sequel with no central villain. How about if Spider-Man fought lesser villains throughout the movie, like he does in the comic books? Their schemes would be petty and unrelated. Or, there could be a mastermind behind their efforts. But, I wouldn't make somebody like the Shocker the BIG VILLAIN, but he could be a serious hazard Spider-Man has to deal with.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
I don't know if this was pointed out, but did you know that Spider-Man two is the most expensive movie ever made? The production budget was $210 million.

Any predictions on how this will do at the box office this weekend? I really think that it has a huge chance to break the top opening weekend record of $114,844,116, which is of course held by Spider-Man 1. I think that it will make...
  • $40 million on Wednesday
  • $30 million on Thursday
  • $120 million Friday-Sunday
  • $30 million on Monday
  • 6-day total: $220 million

It is already the 2nd widest opening movie. It's opening in 4,152 theaters, which is only 11 less than the current record-holder, Shrek 2.

Unforturnately, I may have to wait until Sunday, Monday, or next weekend to see this movie. Stupid schedule of mine...

Ray_Gootz

Stunt Coordinator
I agree Greg that a sequel dose'nt have to just focus on a main villan. A movie with Green Goblin using the Sinster Syndicate and the enforcers would be awesome. Or a movie with a gang war between The Rose and Silvermain with the plot stressing that because of Spider-man's presenceorginized crime is now being taken over by freaks would be excellent. Besides you could never do a movie with guys like Hydro-man, Beetle or Boomerang alone they'd have to be on a team to work. That's the one complaint i have about the Spidey films. In the comics it felt like the mob and the criminal underworld felt that Spider-man was a threat and went after him. Here it seems that either the mob dosen't care or anything. I'd like to see criminals actully plot to take down Spider-man. Get a feel that all these villans are getting ready to take him down.

Ray_Gootz

Stunt Coordinator
Also a huge mistake was letting The Kingpin go to the Daredevil films. The Kingpin could've been an awesome villan in the Spiderman movies almost like Blofed in the Bond films. Kingpin could've been used as the mastermnid throughout all the Spider-films. I know kingpin is important to the Daredevil mythos but he's equally important in Spidey's too. Well they could always use Silvermaine for the role.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
They could always bring him over to Spider-Man, or would there be rights problems since Daredevil was Fox (I think)?

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Am i the only one who noticed the abundance of humorous scenes? I thought the movie was great, and there were scenes that kept it on the lighter side...

"It kinda itches... and it rides up in the crotch"
:laugh: the guy in the elevator's expression was priceless

I loved how Doc Ock's arms turned out... very, very awesome to see it live action like that.

All the fight sequences were quick and intense. Great.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks