What's new

*** Official SKY CAPTAIN AND THE WORLD OF TOMORROW Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
Finally watched this on DVD, and time has been kind. Really enjoyed it a lot more the second time, and found it to be a lot of FUN. It's not deep...in fact, it barely scratches the surface...but the visuals and homages are a lot of fun.

Speaking of homages, I spotted references to four star wars movies this time (OT plus TPM). There was an homage to AOTC in one of the deleted scenes too.

:star: :star: :star: :star: 1/4 out of :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: (8.5/10)

Rakesh.S

Second Unit
I don't mean to bring this back from the dead, but I just watched it today, and it was incredible.

Why films like this and Serenity don't succeed, I don't understand, yet Joe Viewer goes out and makes Big Momma's House a hit and gets a sequel.

David Rogers

Supporting Actor
Make your hand into a flat plane. Wave it over your head while making zooming airplane noises.

that's why. The material is over the heads of most of the audience. Pretty sad, but that's the reason. Don't believe me? Strike up conversations about it, and watch the glazed expressions and subject changes when you describe the story and it's background. And that's before you get to the technical details behind it that make it so cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks