What's new

*** Official SALT Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

ronaldjames500

Auditioning
Real Name
ronald
I really like the movie and the only reason for this is the angelina's performance. She has acted incredibly good as always. I still remembers that scene when they kill her husband in front of her and she absorbs all the pain and sorrow without showing it. http://www.youshareonline.com/

Emily44

Auditioning
Real Name
Emily
Someone tell me why she went to white house to kill the president!!! If she turned on orlov what was the point of carrying out his next assignment! please clarify

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Emily44

Someone tell me why she went to white house to kill the president!!! If she turned on orlov what was the point of carrying out his next assignment! please clarify

Did you actually watch this film? The reason why I ask this question because it's pretty obvious what her mission was for being at the WH and it wasn't what you suggested.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Saw this last weekend, and just getting to the thread.

The film starts out well enough, but the credibility of the enterprise is repeatedly sacrificed in the name of over the top action. I was expecting some stunts to strain reason, but the film repeatedly broke my suspension of disbelief. Two examples:

1) The early chase sequence with the vehicle rooftop escapes; simply too much and too unbelievable.

2) Firing an automatic weapon into bullet resistant glass at point blank range. The bullets just don't vaporize when they hit the glass, they are going to go bouncing in all sorts of directions.

I believe the Bourne films are much more realistic in their depictions of on-screen action and are stronger films. I'm sure that someone can give me a point by point description of all kinds of crazy action in the Bond films, Bourne series, etc., etc. but I just didn't buy it in this film.

I did enjoy most of the acting in the film and thought the pace worked well, if the action had been a little more grounded in reality this could have been a much better film, IMHO.

- Walter.

Emily44

Auditioning
Real Name
Emily
Originally Posted by Tim Glover

Did you actually watch this film? The reason why I ask this question because it's pretty obvious what her mission was for being at the WH and it wasn't what you suggested.

Yes i saw it twice! Guess i missed something why did she go?

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Originally Posted by Emily44

1) The early chase sequence with the vehicle rooftop escapes; simply too much and too unbelievable.

2) Firing an automatic weapon into bullet resistant glass at point blank range. The bullets just don't vaporize when they hit the glass, they are going to go bouncing in all sorts of directions.

To me, there's a difference between one-in-a-billion lucky implausible nigh-indestructible human (#1, didn't give it a second thought) and violating "the laws of physics" (#2, immediately bothersome).

EricW

Senior HTF Member

i thought it was reaching too, but easier to swallow than Bourne jumping down the spiral stairwell at the end of Identity (that staircase jump/fall was the most unbelievable thing in an otherwise pretty believable movie)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
At least the truck jumping scene was done practically. It's very surreal seeing a highway system you've driven through and over hundreds of times on screen in a sustained fashion for ~10 minutes of screen time. The river being crossed is actually the Hudson and not the Potomac. My parents watching the filming of the scene from their friends' boat.

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
For those who care, the score is now available on disc. Another "on demand" CD-R from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Salt-Original-Motion-Picture-Soundtrack/dp/B003Y3BOYG/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=I3EE7BR1T3MY8I&colid=282GW5ZTM5S9C

MaggotFreddy

Auditioning
Real Name
Agarkov Egor
HI there! I am from Russia! Ну как у вас тут? Разрешите мне присоединится я к вашему обсуждению. Let me to join me to your discussion.. Jolie speaking Russia not so bad. Но акцент все же выдает.

Move cool! Waiting for part 2.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Welcome to HTF, Freddy! In the future please stick to the Latin alphabet, because Cyrillic letters can cause problems for people who don't have the alphabet installed. Good to know that Angelina's Russian wasn't bad, even if the American accent shows through (and, given the premise of the movie, it makes sense that it would).

MaggotFreddy

Auditioning
Real Name
Agarkov Egor
Thanks! Yee, She's good! And Orlov is very good. Daniel Olbrychski entered its role, very similar! And the casting is very good. All the actors handle their roles! Columbia worked well

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
I just rented this tonight. Was the bit about the death of the new American president's parents in Russia meant to imply that he might have been another Russia mole?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by RobertR

I just rented this tonight. Was the bit about the death of the new American president's parents in Russia meant to imply that he might have been another Russia mole?

Yup, setting up the sequel.

Crawdaddy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks