What's new

*** Official RAMBO Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
So you agree with what he said, Joe? That's nice, thanks for your support.

Man I really hate that sort of macho caveman bullshit way of thinking.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell

Why are you taking it personally Inspector Hammer? I saw his review as a joke, since it's such a macho dick swining genre.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Because it didn't come off as a joke to me (no winkie smiley = no joke to me on message boards, that's what smiles are there for), in fact it came off sounding very condescending.

Okay so not everyone enjoys seeing some of the content in films like this, so what? Does that make it okay for others to imply that those people are essentially pussies and should go watch films with "the little girls"?

I'm sorry but that sort of close-minded preconceived notion just gets under my skin.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell

Well stop being a big girl about it and go see it alraeady! :P

My review on another site was "so good it will knock your dick in the dirt." Not much different then dudes review. Odd thing is, actually watching the film, it's not really a rah rah we rare MEN! type of movie. It's actually thought provoking *cue gasps of horror at such a thing being said about a Rambo movie* Remember too, those kids weren't actually hurt right? It was just a movie? And movies should maybe make you think? And maybe, just maybe, it's okay to see a movie and be made uncomfortable? Every post in this thread from you was of the "gee, I like Rambo, but this sounds too much for me!" and then you seemed to want us to tell you it's okay to see such a scary scary movie. Maybe go see "National Treasure - Nick Cage Does Some stuff to hide his funnier by the year hairline" instead of constantly going on about this atrocious and upsetting film you haven't watched yet?

And if the punisher can meet Archie in the comics, I see no reason for Rambo to not take on Hannah Montana.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Those unsure about the film because of their own personal boundries don't deserve or ask for a comment like Ben's, okay? He was out of line pure and simple with that, comments like his will not promote a healthy discussion about the pros and cons of seeing or not seeing a movie because those that maybe are unsure if they should see it will be afraid of being called names.

Yes, the film makes me nervous, so according to what is taking place in this thread right now i'm not allowed to express that? Interesting.

I'll wait for dvd.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell

Here's another side Inspector Hammer.

A guy comes on here all "oh gee, this sounds really to much for me" and asks everyone in the thread what to expect, then when a bunch of people go out of there way to explain exactly what to expect, the guy says "Huh, I think I'll go see it. and cover my eyes at the violent bits" then out of a blue, a new guy shows up and posts a goofy review, and this guy we've all spent time discussing the film with gets all "Oh how dare they!!" and now wont see the film cause he took a random post as an insult and apparantly needs people he's never met on a computer website to help him make entertainment decisions, and now all the people curious to see what he thinks and invested the time in him are quickly ignored.

so oppinions are valid, seems like you just need attention for whatever means frankly. But whatever. I personally think RAMBO is one of the best movies this year might see, shame your missing it in the theaters because some guy posted a goofy macho review.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I'm not ignoring anyone, Russell, I took everyone's opinion and am prepared to heed it and let it go with a thank you, it's Ben's comment and his alone that i'm taking issue with because it was, IMO very pointed and again condescending.

If I can't come to this board and ask for help and opinions on something simply because I never met any of the people offering said advice then I shouldn't ask at all, is that what your saying? What good are boards like this if one can't do that?

Listen, I came in here with trepidation on the film, that's normal, I ask for opinions on it and then I was going to let it drop and come back when i've seen the film and post my thoughts, again all normal things that people do here everyday, and then Ben comes in with his childish comment which I or anyone else didn't ask for or deserve, it's not like I planned to make a stink about something someone said but I did and that's my right.

What I don't understand is why your taking it upon yourself to give me such a hard time with this, do you know Ben or something? So I had a problem with something someone said, it happens, it's not up to you to fix it with all due respect.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I don't know Eric or whoever it is at all. Your posts are just aliitle to far in the Waaah side is all. no worries. Go not watch Rambo and tell us nothing about it. :P

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Yep, I made the huge error in asking for help here on something I was unsure of, getting the assistance I was looking for and bowing out graciously, my mistake, in the future i'll stop and maybe rethink asking for help of any sort from people I don't know. :rolleyes

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member

Well, at least my smiley was less cruel than the way you've responded above. Also, the LAST thing I am is what they call "macho", and that's never been my style at all. I'm somehere in the middle though - not a macho caveman, not a sissy Mary. Still, I think RAMBO Is more what I'd call a "guy flick".

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I gotta agree and I liked the movie. Just because John thinks it might be more than want to see, there's no reason for Ben-S to take that shot at him. John seems like a decent guy and was just asking a question that everyone else was able to respond to in a civil way. So calling him a 'limp wristed pussy boy' or a little girl is just needless and lowers the board.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Sorry, Joe, I wasn't really pointing my comments at you, I was just referring to that way of thinking in general, this nonsense of being some sort of sissy if you don't like blood and guts, it's ridiculous.

Plus I was irritated by what Ben said when I typed that, apologies my friend.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell

Of course Travis, no one actually called Inspecter Hammer that.... he took it upon himself to be lumped into that catagory ;)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

That's all i'm saying, thanks, Travis. :emoji_thumbsup: And I wasn't even accusing him of making that comment directly at me, others have come here with the same concerns about the film and so not only were his comments rude but also sweeping.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell

Thanks Travis :D When we had Simpsons theme week, the doodle avatar looked weird in a big white box surrounded by yellow. Another site I go on has a theme for the avatars, and this month it's pigs so I got a pigs nose on :P

We should have a Rambo themed board for the HTF. Camoflauge olive greens, thread markers looking like knives and grenades, the lady membership leaves in droves... could be fun. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks