What's new

*** Official PIRANHA 3D (2010) Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Because the ALIEN has him pinned up against the wall, ready to implant that tongue into his head and he's telling Lambert to get out of the room, blood's coming out of his mouth, and, well, you can tell the man is desperate and gonna die horribly. That's why it bothers me. Come to think it, Kane's death still gives me a jolt, too. But, I'm used to the horrors of ALIEN, seen, like, a quadrillion times. Now, THE EXORCIST . . . that's a whole other ball game.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
And, do you notice every time Hollywood makes a creature feature the always have to kill the creature, or creatures, by blowing them up. Can't they find more creative ways to exterminate monsters than blowing them up, or burning them? I know it's the easy way to take, but I've seen that done a million and half times in every other monster movie.

I'll try to make sure I don't burn or blow up the creature in the film I'm currently developing.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Aja mentioned on the commentary that they chose to blow up that school of piranha because it just made sense, or it was easy, I forget which. But, yes, Todd, come up with something that doesn't involve an explosion or conflagration. Perhaps, you could insert a scene where those two deaths are tried but backfire, or the creature in question is impervious to fire, forcing the humans to come up with something else, something novel. Anyway, what's the movie about? What's the creature? Nature run amok? Alien? Parasite? Alien Parasite?

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Theres a couple shots....

Implants are seen, shredded, floating upwards after Jerry Os characters and the blonde are attacked on the WildGirls boat.

Theres also a few floating ones during the main piranha attack.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
SWFF: A few answers to some of your questions.

Dina Meyer was the scientist diver who finds the giant underwater cave. The Alien 3 ripoff shot while not in the movie in full, you can see the first few frames of it; rather it seems like it's actually the same shot, but re-framed so that you don't see all the piranha. It's at the very end when the son and his girlfriend have the rope tied around them, right the instant before they get pulled away from the boat. As far as the breast implant scene, it's the same shot as the dismembered *ahem* male genetallia scene, right before the severed member floats onto the screen.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
The behind-the-scenes stuff answered most of my questions, except for the Dina Meyer one, and the ALIEN rip-off scene, which I figured out recently upon a repeated viewing. But, Meyer was the scientist? Didn't even recognize her. Always thought she was hot. Liked her a lot in BATS and she looked the hottest in STARSHIP TROOPERS. I hope the sequel is good, since it's being rushed into production.

tbaio

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Thomas
I hope the sequel is actually shot in 3-D rather than being post converted. However, if the post conversion was praised the first time around (I don't know why), it'll probably be utilized a second time as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks