What's new

*** Official NATIONAL TREASURE: BOOK OF SECRETS Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Correct. But was it not found because Thomas wouldn't help the KGC? Or because he couldn't solve the clue even though he was part of the KGC? Without proving in some way that Thomas had the correct information and didn't share it with the KGC, his reputation and that of the Gates family remains murky.

By finding the city, Ben proves that Thomas had solved the clue and likely could have found the city if he'd been working with the KGC (rather than trying to foil them and being murdered by them).

Some could say that Thomas still could have been part of the KGC, solved the clue, and just never figured out the rest of the puzzle to discover the City. But Thomas was a pretty smart guy, so I think if Ben could find it, Thomas could have as well. Not to mention Mt. Rushmore was not yet constructed and the "landmarks" it was built to hide would be more easily discovered.

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
Saw the movie in December and haven't seen it since, but my understanding was this sequence of events: KGC approaches Thomas asking for help deciphering the clue/demanding information, which Thomas has worked out. Thomas refuses, and gets shot. While dying, he throws the information into the fire and burns it, so it doesn't get out.

Ed Harris' character says that what Thomas actually burned was proof of his involvement (the ripped page with Thomas' name on it), but by finding Cibola Gates shows that Thomas had and destroyed the information that would have led there, meaning that he was working for the US' instead of against it.

Ed Moroughan

Second Unit
Real Name
Edward R. Moroughan
Having finally gotten around to watching the movie I was quite surprised that it was a mere carbon copy of the first, but a build on the foundations sequel. I wonder if the page 47 thing is cold fusion or fountain of youth? I'd see a third installment.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks