What's new

*** Official Morrowwind (X Box & PC) Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Ron Gilbert

Stunt Coordinator
JasonK,
Tonight I plan on tracking down or somehow acquiring an unhinging spell, after I earn some scrilla. With the slave, I've learned that I can leave her outside of dungeons, etc. if she's not to close to me when I enter them. She makes no effort to run away, but she did attack once, so I have to be careful on how I position myself if I go into battle with her there. She'll help out, but if she gets accidentally hit one too many times, she goes off.
And I met that same guy, who denied any knowledge of the artifacts Sugar Lips wants. I believe the Dwermer items are in the same pub in a locked chest, so my plan is to raid a temple, get the stuff Sugar Lips wants, and then when I'm confidently leveled up, go back to the pub and let him know I don't appreciate being lied to :)
What's impressive to me is, I've been playing the game since last Thursday, and I've stayed in the Southwest portion of the island the whole time. A big game, indeed.

JasonK

Supporting Actor
Ron,

Good plan, I think I'll do the same. Only when I find the Dwermer items in the pub (haven't yet...) I plan on taunting the liar into a fight, so I can attack him legally.

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
For those of you playing the PC version I have a question to ask. Have you received any strange messages that result in the game exiting to the desktop? I can't remember the exact wordings but the game has crashed out like that for me 3 times now and the messages don't seem to be saying anything technical. All I can remember is one said it was from Chris :confused: . I am hoping this is just some weird humor the programmers included and not something more serious like a virus or anything.

Richard_c

Agent
Getting an open door spell is the way to go( think i got it at the mages guild ? ) it currently opens up to level 60, created another that works upto level 100;) makes life a little easier.

James St

Supporting Actor
Dave, I got through the first mission with no problems at all. After reading your problem then it seems like you need to talk more with Darius(Legion guy in Gnisis) before heading off for the mission. Make sure you ask him everything there is to ask about your orders. If I'm not mistaken it updates your journal more than once so you may be missing some info. Hope this helps you out.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
For those of you playing the PC version I have a question to ask. Have you received any strange messages that result in the game exiting to the desktop? I can't remember the exact wordings but the game has crashed out like that for me 3 times now and the messages don't seem to be saying anything technical. All I can remember is
Though I've never experienced the problem, there are some issues/reports of the PC version crashing to the desktop. Bethesda is in the middle of beta testing a new patch for the game which may correct these issues. I would hold off on doing any trouble shooting until the patch is released (Of course that is unless you are having any system problems)

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Thank you very much, James. I'll give it another shot. I sure appreciate you trekking all the way to far-off Gnisis just to check something for me. :)

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
Thanks Romier. I heard there were some problems and I saw the Gamespot article that Bethesda is looking for people to beta test the patch. It's just the wording of these crashes that had me worried. Next time I get one I'll either try to grab the screen or at least write it down.

Brian E

Screenwriter
On those crashes of the PC version. Make sure your video drivers are up to date. Mine were fixed by loading up the latest Detonators.

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Has anyone found ANYWHERE on the whole island, a trader or smith/armorer that has some serious cash to spend if you wish to sell him some high priced items?
I have a glass longsword and shield that are worth about 30000+ together.
Would love to unload them even at half the price but, so far not one single dealer even comes close.
I'll admit I haven't traveled out of the western part of the island. Suran is the farthest east I've been and Gnisis is the farthest north.
Any help is appreciated. Hell, I'll even sell them to one of you guys. ;)

First off I have a high elf at level 15 and im still not yet into the real game, Ive joined the Mages Guild and im going to be joining a couple of other guilds shortly. I would like to finish off the Mages guild requirements first then be their leader them join another guild. The game itself can wait.

But im having a problem, almost everytime im attacked by someone, I keep on getting some sort of diesease, and no one wants to deal with me, Where can I find a cure diesease potion or a cure all disease Magic, boy when you have blight you are an outcast.

Thanks for the help.

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Kyle - you can go to just about any temple and get cured for a very small fee. You make an offering to the deity of the temple and you can select what you need cured. Or, you can by a spell there as well.

Go to the temple in Balmora. It's where I go.

Also stock up on "cure common disease" and "cure blight" potions, whenever possible.

NateM

Agent
Derrick,
I've been all over the island and I don't think I've ever seen any merchant with more than a few thousand gold available. I certainly haven't seen any with anywhere near 30000. Admittedly I got tired of looking for a wealthy merchant that could afford to buy ebony helmets and the like so there may be a merchant somewhere with tons of gold but I highly doubt it.

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Thanks for the info Nate.
I was afraid of that. :frowning:
I guess we'll just have some expensive collections in the game? :confused:

NateM

Agent
Yeah that's pretty much what happened in my game. None of the merchants could pay me enough gold to make it worthwhile to sell my good equipment and they generally didn't have any equipment that I thought was good enough to trade for. So I have a couple of houses that I use for storage that are jammed with armour and weapons. It's too bad they didn't give the merchants more money and/or better magic items to sell.

Brian E

Screenwriter
Do a search over at the http://www.elderscrolls.com forums. People there came up with a solution to selling high priced items. Maybe not ideal, but it works. Basically there is a trader on the second floor of some building that pays well and has 5,000 gold. So you trade with him for lesser items and then slowly sell them back to him (gold respawns each day). If you can't find it let me know and I'll see if I can.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Are there certain houses that you can use for storage? Or will any one do? Also, how do you guys raise cash? I'm level 6, and have very little gold, which makes it difficult to buy supplies, etc...

Sidenote: this has to be the slowest loading game I've ever played on a console. I actually fired up Nero, compiled & started burning a CD before it finished loading a game!

-Dave

NateM

Agent
I think any house will do for storage since I don't think npc's will pick up your stuff but I always use houses of people that I've killed just in case.
To make money I usually just go on lots of guild quests. It's a good way to pick up all kinds of loot to sell plus you get paid by the guildmasters. Personally while I'm out on quests I look for light items that are worth a fair amount. For example Dwemer coins are good and so are diamonds, rubies, pearls and other reagents. You can always go to the ocean and dive for pearls if you need some extra cash.

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Damn Dave, that load time seems juuuuuuust a bit long there. :)
Seriously though, I wonder why it's so long? I'll admit that I don't have an instant load going on here either but, it's not bad at all.
Hmmmm...:confused:

ChristopherS

Second Unit
The merchant Brian mentioned is called the Creeper and he is found in Caldera. Use the Mage Guild transport to teleport there. When you exit the Mage Guild walk straight. Just before you leave the village you will be between two buildings (across from each other)an Armourer and Ghorak Manor. Enter Ghorak Manor, go to the second floor. There is the Creeper. He pays full price for everything, has 5000 Gold and it regenerates every 24 hours.

I sell everything to him therefore I know where to find it if I need something back for a quest. So far I have been selling him trapped Ancestral Ghosts for 4000 Gold (I am a very low level mage).

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks