What's new

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001) (1 Viewer)

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I believe that is due to the manner in which they were recorded. Reviews, I am not a musical person so bear with me, describe the sound as wet. Wet, or as you said muddy, means that it is difficult to pick out a specific instrument type out of the whole orchestra.
You sir, are absolutely correct. That's is exactly what I meant.

Well frankly, I don't like it. I've been listening to a lot of soundtracks lately, and could do without that one "stylistic choice". Ugh.

Are the Complete Recordings similar?

--

H

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
You know what I love about these films - there are moments where just an exchange of looks speaks volumes. One of my favourite moments is at Amon Hen when Frodo is fleeing the Orcs and hides. Merry and Pippin urge him to join them in their hiding spot and Frodo refuses. The looks that Frodo, Merry and Pippin exchange are heart breaking. Elijah Wood conveys an amazing spectrum of feelings without saying a word.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
I must differ with you all on the recording quality. I think the soundtrack cds sound rich and enveloping. Especially ROTK which seems to be a bit more open sounding. To me, these sound terrific. :b

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Heard Viggo Mortensen mention in an interview on NPR that he was a replacement for the original actor playing Aragorn.

Who was replaced?

EDIT:

Sorry, should have searched first...it was the 14 years younger Stuart Townsend

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks